Anker C300 won't turn on

I just purchased the Anker C300 webcam. I was able to operate it successfully the other day, but today when I plug it in to the USB port, it doesn’t connect. The white light on the front doesn’t go on. Could it be a bad cable? Any suggestions? (Windows 10, Dell G5)

1 Like

It is possible to reset the camera.
if so, do please.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t see any instructions in the user manual for resetting the camera. And I don’t see any controls on the camera that would allow me to do so. How do I reset the camera?

1 Like

I dont own such a camera, sorry.
Two things I might suggest :
Ask here : https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/
or
write an email to the EUFY-Support.

1 Like

I would try the most simple things first. I would restart the laptop first and see if that works. You can then try changing the cable. Delete the device and reconnect it… and so on.

@Chiquinho I believe the web cam is part of their work devices like the powerconf device so that device would be here.

Agree that Eufy support may need to be called if the more simple things do not work.

3 Likes

O yes, I made a mistake.
There is an ANKER webcam I forgot that. :wink:
Another cable, another laptop I would try first, if there is no reset possible.

2 Likes

Given we only have your information, we cannot assume it’s the webcam at fault, your PC has many more ways it can fail so investigate the PC in depth.

Sometimes the USB port gets confused, in a panic and Windows will disable the port or device.

So unplug camera, turn the PC off, wait a minute, turn PC on, plug in camera. See if fixes.
If not, then go into system settings, device manager, and look for any exclamation marks. You may see something disabled. If so then enable and see what happens.
If not then turn PC off, plugin the camera, turn PC on. That might persuade windows.

Once none of that works then contact support.

2 Likes

And not to forget is to use different USB-sockets:slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually have a USB socket giving me issues in my charging tower where it is nt charging or it is slow charging it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. Some I’ve tried already, but I’ll try more.

2 Likes

Is the cable built in? If it isn’t, definitely try a different cable or a different port on your pc

1 Like

Anker C300 is a webcam from Anker, and comes under the AnkerWork brand. It comes with a USB-C to USB-A cable - try using a different cable. Also, is the laptop - Personal or Business / office machine? Try to use it on a different machine, if available.

Reach out to Support – support@ankerwork.com , you should hear back soon.

2 Likes