Anker Bucks?

I think they are like points that in the future we could use it for some exchange in products

1 Like

Wait… They’ve announced points?!

No official announcements have been made, just speculation from community members. When they decide how they are going to move forward with bucks/points and/or power users they will let us know…:relaxed:

Anker Bucks, they are weird, mine is 2850 and has been like that for months. I think many others are also at 2850. They don’t go up with say postings (unlike points). So they seem somewhat redundant.

Currently on 3300, I think they increase with levels rather than posts, could be wrong though.

I’m also at 2850

I’m 3400 now. Still no idea how I earned them nor their use.

Your bucks will increase as your level does, so I’ve found on mine. As for the end game with the bucks / points, were still waiting on Anker for that one…

Desperately waiting for Anker bucks (and new car starter).

Can you drive?

1 Like

Yes. In fact I’m taking drivers ed now

1 Like

Right well:

• service the car often. What makes a flat battery is: taking it for lots of short journeys; cold weather; damp; an aging battery; bad alternator.
  • turn the lights, radio and any electrical items like heaters off when engine not running.

If you do all the chance of needing a restarter is very low.

Chances are, if you are attentive to maintenance and to vehicle handling, you’d end up helping others more than your own needs. As a cyclist I tend to help others for their lack of tools than I use my carried tools myself on my own bike. I service my own bike.

It is good to help others. They might not have your level of attentiveness to details (for lack of care or just a very busy life).

2 Likes

no one knows what are the bucks?

1 Like

Starter replacements are more common than you may think. I have replaced 3 over the years and have repaired at least 2 others which is more than I have replaced alternators most of it due to our cold winters. They were particularly prone to failure on old Chevy’s due to heat from the engine and trying to restart when the starter was hot. sometimes it is just brushes, sometimes the commutator needs cleaning up, sometimes the gears get stripped, sometimes the solenoid is shot. You are absolutely correct though about a weak battery shortening the life of the starter. trying to start a car when it doesn’t want to turn causes a lot of heat build up and the starter wires are the weakest link. Newer cars have better protection and most of the electrical draws are delayed until the starter is disengaged.

2 Likes

The more Anker car starters there are the more we can help others.

2 Likes

According to another thread @AnkerOfficial does but lips are sealed until the project goes online :sunglasses:

Sound advice there @nigelhealy , you would think stuff like this would be part of driving course (well, it wasn’t in the UK when I took mine) …

based off what i have seen it seems like no one has above 3500 points, so i assume 10 points equals a dollar or even 50 points equal a dollar.

“Sound advice there @nigelhealy , you would think stuff like this would be part of driving course (well, it wasn’t in the UK when I took mine) …”

It was “don’t run over the guy with the red flag” when I took mine. :eyeglasses:

1 Like

My guess:

• it is for purchases off anker.com which is a subset of the greater product set in amazon.
  • there are bands, so between $0-$10 you can use so many Bucks for a % discount, between $10-$50 its some other Bucks for some % discount, etc.
  • “not available with other offers.”

In reality I expect these will bring anker.com prices down to the giveaway amazon discount codes but you can use any time, when its urgent.

Knowing Anker they’ll add “fun” like competitions to earn Bucks, which would then be in effect discounts with the above, so you can in effect win the ability to get a discount when you want on what you want, unlike the amazon codes they do now.

I am currently traveling a lot and living off Anker stuff and lots of people seeing Anker for the first time and I’m spotting “the usual suspects” of “my cable is dodgy” and “my phone is flat too often” so I’m seeing I’d quite like to buy folks a Dura or a Powercore and do it now rather than wait for the discount code (my list for Black Friday is accumulating) so being able to use my input to this community to then able to buy anything anytime at a discount is what I think Anker will be doing…

My probability of being correct is say 25%.

2 Likes