Anker AA / AAA Batteries and Adaptive Output

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical can you please answer this question / subject?

For the recently released Anker AA / AAA batteries, can you please explain how the Adaptive Output works?

Adaptive Output mentioned by Anker, which says it delivers only the power required by your devices, ensuring universal compatibility and long life.

Not sure how this is being achieved by Anker or how this can be tested, but this is the only interesting item from Anker for AA / AAA batteries which differentiates it from the lot of other battery brands.

If this is explained well In detail, Will be a big plus factor for Anker to grow in this AA / AAA market.

Would assume it works just like PowerIQ.?.?.?

1 Like

I too am interested in this technology. I can’t see how you pack powerIQ into a cell (that happens in the accompanying board of the power banks I think) I just got my pack of AAA and I can’t wait to try them out. I like the packaging ALOT but I’m afraid I won’t be able to really say how well they last for a LONG TIME because, well, they are going to last a long time :smile:

1 Like

Not actual powerIQ, just a similar technology.

1 Like

Aren’t all aa batteries adaptive output? They give the power that is demanded of them or die trying :laughing:. Do the aa’s really have extra circuitry hidden inside the cells? And if so they would have to sacrifice capacity to fit it.

Will wait on @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical response.

From what I read, looks like the battery discharges only when the device requests the power… how it is achieved / the works, only Anker team can explain!

1 Like

They probably won’t- they usually don’t…

I will be optimistic here :smiley: and hope @AnkerOfficial responds :crossed_fingers:

I guess it is a marketing term. Various devices put different loads to the batteries and thus the battery has to provide necessary current to operate the device for certain time without wasting lot of energy. This has to do with keeping the battery impedance as low as possible with better chemistry.
From what I have seen so far in my testing, Anker is using a very high purity MnO2 and Zn in these batteries and thus the higher OCV voltage of 1.65 V which is the highest I’ve seen so far. Unfortunately the internal resistance is not too low vs competition.
I will be greatly surprised if there is a circuit in the battery (not possible at this price point nor is needed).

1 Like

The adaptive power will be achieved by our unique Anker power lock technology. Because it is a unique technology, so it’s inconvenient to share too much information here. But we took a number of products to measure the discharge power regarding to different devices, the performance is very balanced and the charging time is more competitive.

2 Likes

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for the details, appreciate the fact that you were able to share details.

May be you can include the same content provided here on your product details on Anker site for AA / AAA or other media, will be useful for people to decide and go for Anker batteries :+1:

1 Like

@kumar.sachin I’m curious as to what the battery dr thinks about this…

1 Like

The only thing I get out of this is that Anker is using a conductivity agent (most likely conductive carbon or graphite/graphene) to boost electrode conductivity which can provide increased power characteristics during discharging.
PowerLock ring is mostly for physical improvements (shortcircuit, leak) and some chemical improvement (Aging) but will not affect how the battery is discharging or its power characteristics if seal is not compromised.
I’ll dig into Anker’s patent about this PowerLock and see what is it doing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes