Anker 8200 Precision Laser Gaming Mouse, how do I safely/properly clean it

Had this mouse nearly 6 years and I’ve long since lost the manual for it and as far as I can tell the mouse is completely self contained.
How would I either internally or externally clean the scroll wheel and the mouse button sensors without potentially breaking it?

1 Like

If your handy, you could generally remove the skates on the bottom and unscrew the screws to open it up. But I’m not sure if that particular mouse has screws under the skates or not.

If your handy, you could generally remove the skates on the bottom and unscrew the screws to open it up. But I’m not sure if that particular mouse has screws under the skates or not.

Pictures would help

Unscrew it an clean it.
Not much you can do wrong.

It’s self contained as far as I can tell, I don’t see any screws

There you go, reference images are on the post now

The skates I was talking about are the feet it slides on, sometimes pressing into them you can fee if there is a screw hole underneath them and the same goes for the label. Your gonna have to press around and push things in order to tell if there is a screw underneath or not. Also open up that open/close panel and look to see if there is a screw inside it

The open close panel was the first place I checked, it has counter-weights and a ring of foam in it, no screws
I can feel 2 slight bumps under the skates, I’ll let you know how I get on

I’m stumped, I took the skates off, no screws, I took the bottom “skate” off, no screws, I tried prying the foam out of the open/close panel, no screws… I genuinely think this is fully self contained

What about under the label? I wish I had it in front of me, I love taking things apart that are not meant to be

As far ads I can tell the label is a sticker in an indent so I can’t pick at the corners to lift it up, nor does it feel like there are any further indents under it to suggest there are screws there
If you lived anywhere near the Glasgow area I would happily let you take it apart cos it’s bugging me how to open this thing up

So I was looking at my Microsoft mouse, at the front where the left and right click buttons are…
I found I had to push the button down slightly and pull the front out and the pull it up carefully. From there I am able to clean The buttons and sensor without taking the mouse apart fully…but that’s my microsoft mouse and not the Anker.

But I figured it would help in your quest to take it apart and clean it by exploring all avenues. Btw, if you are comfortable and dont care about that label, just take a Philip’s screwdriver and push into the indent and through the label to get to the screw.

I think you may be onto something; the panels for the L-click and R-click both flip up when pushed upwards but nothing high enough to get access to anything. I tried using a thin flat head screwdriver to try pry the front off but it started making creaking noises and I don’t wanna force it too much in case it breaks, cos last I checked this once £15 mouse is now worth closer to £150 (because this mouse is no longer in production), and I do not have that kinda money spare for a mouse.

Anker has 2 newer gaming mouse, just buy a new one instead of figuring this one out
Anker High Precision Programmable Gaming Mouse

And

Anker Gaming Mouse