Hello again! It seems my reviews were popular, so I am making more! Thank you, everyone, for being so wonderful.
I cannot tell about the unpacking experience of this; I did not buy it new because my friend gave me 2 that were new without packaging. What I CAN tell you is that this thing is pretty amazing. It does have some features that may not be good for some people though… Let’s begin.
- USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.1 Gen 1, and USB 3.0 compatible (these are ALL the same thing, no need to change it USB-IF!)
- 4 USB-A 3.0 ports from 1 USB-A 3.0
- 2ft cable option
- No need for external power supply
- Activity light tells you if it works
- Room for cable to bend
- Solid construction of plastic
- Plug-and-play; no drivers required!
- Activity light
- No external power source- means you cannot connect a high-power device like an HDD to it without using a USB charging port
- Slightly slower write speeds when using
The Data Hub
The ports: 4 female USB-A 3.0 and 1 male USB-A 3.0, and 1 blue activity light
Some things plugged into it
My IRL ultrabook setup with the Data Hub
The Data Hub on an iPad keyboard
Data Hub USB 3.0 test results
Versus USB 3.0 test using my USB-C hub (Ultrabook things)
- You need more USB ports
- You need SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) ports
- You don’t want to break the bank
- You need to travel a lot with it
- You need a long cable hub
Don’t buy if…
- You need to plug in high-power devices; consider getting an active USB hub (USB hub with power source)
That’s really all about this tiny wonderful thing. Good day to you!