Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse - For the person trying to save their wrists

Simply put, I wore out the scrolling mechanism in my non-Anker branded ergonomic mouse I use for work. Tactile feel is entirely gone, and for someone who spends 7 hours a day dealing with several thousand lined spreadsheets, that is not acceptable. So when I saw @Mike246810 post about a deal on Anker’s non-travel version, I immediately placed an order.

The mouse came in around 6 hours ago, so I chucked the other sad and exhausted mouse to the side, hunted down some AAA batteries and I was off to the races.

Ahhhh, that familiar packaging.
Everything you expect to find from an Anker item is present. That blue and white box with great box design, ensuring that everything arrived unharmed. I’ll post the box, instructions and packaging below.

!

The physical size of the mouse is one that will remove it from the “travel” category for most people. It is much more vertical than those typically labeled as such. For me, that is perfect. I was not looking for something to throw in my laptop bag, as I have nowhere to go. The larger size does not bring with it much additional weight. I could not find my kitchen scale, so you are just going to have to trust me on the actual weight being average. Meaning that you won’t notice how heavy it is or is not.

The footprint is about the same as my Razer Deathadder V2, which also lends to it being more of a unit that will typically remain on your work space. I do have a small gripe, but I do not believe in sandwiching so it will be at the end.

The installation (removing the dongle and inserting the dongle into my workstation, a Windows 10 machine) went smoothly, nothing of note. I plugged it in, slid the switch on the bottom of the Anker mouse and away we went. The Anker is a bit more vertical so it took a few minute to adjust, but after ~15 minutes I no longer noticed this. The forward and back buttons are perfect on the knuckle and end of your thumb, so rocking back and forth on them is effortless. The “middle button” actually aligns with your middle finger, which is unique for an ergonomic mouse, in my findings. However, I also found myself using my middle finger for the right button as well. This is not a big issue, and you don’t notice after a few minutes.

For those using a mouse like this, it is likely because you already have issues with your wrists or you spend a lot of time needing to make finite movements. The tactile feedback is nice, but the mouse is quiet. Think the classic tiny Logitech travel mouse sound. You can hear it, but it will not annoy coworkers. The exterior is that soft-to-the-touch stuff that manufacturers have been throwing on things. Shows fingerprints, but no worse than other devices. It seems to be durable and it will certainly be my new house going forward.

My one gripe is about the surface material. If you are someone who tightly grasps you mouse in a moment of spreadsheet driven fury, you will find the mouse wants to slip from your hand. Now, this could be viewed as a feature as we should not be applying a deathgrip, as it will only cause greater issued with our wrists that we are trying to avoid in the first place. But it is really my only complaint.

I’ll leave you with the centerfold shot.

Link to mouse on Anker’s Website

Link to Amazon where it is currently $16.99

6 Likes

Never used one of those, and great review :clap:

1 Like

Thanks, I strongly suggest that anyone who spends 2+ hours a day with a mouse in their hands for office work buy one. They feel odd initially, then you begin to notice your arms learns to love you again.

2 Likes

Definitely an interesting design but if it helps the wrist than it’s a win

1 Like

Nice review. Like @ikari04warrior I have never used these mice before. I normally don’t use a mouse for too long but there are some days when I have and wished for something bigger (taller) so my wrist weren’t at a weird angle that hurt me

2 Likes

Good, you got one and dont forget to use the special mouse pad I recommended.
I use this type of mouse for many years now.
All fine with the wrist and no more RSI-syndrom. :grin:

1 Like

Loved reading you thoughts and seeing the photos.
As you say, it is quite vertical but anything different takes a bit of getting used too @rhoffman0528

1 Like

Great review thanks for sharing. The Anker Mouse doesn’t get enough reviews. I have this mouse and love it. I’ve had it for a few years. I don’t use as much I use to but I used for daily office work, image/video editing and gaming it works well.

The battery life is impressive to. I can get a year+ on set of batteries and that’s using 6+ hour a day and leaving it in standby mode most of time.

2 Likes

I’m glad that you were able to pick it up!

1 Like

That is good to hear about the batteries.

1 Like

Normally, the battery of bt mice are lasting long.
I prefer the cabled version, because I don’t have many USB inputs and don’t use a hub.

Meanwhile all those ergonmic mice are looking all the same.
In the older days there were different models.
This one is (was) really great, but not produced any more.

images

1 Like

If anyone likes the look after the above review, it’s got a few hours discount in UK

2 Likes

Good price. But still not as cheap as this badged by another brand at £14.39.

1 Like

Nice review and some very well done photos.

Thanks @rhoffman0528

1 Like

Nice review. Started using an ergonomic mouse when I suffered tennis elbow and I don’t play tennis.

2 Likes