An Idea For Posting Deals

Personally I’ve got nothing against single deals per post, as it can create a balance between fresh new info (and even a talking point sometimes) while allowing community members to generate some points / bucks…

I do think however members should use a degree restraint when posting deals, such as when it is actually a substantial saving (look at the cash difference not the percentage)…we all like to save on a purchase but a saving of 2-3 dollars or pounds is hardly earth shattering…

(queue the complaints about the ‘wide spread’ ghost posts in the next 1-2 days) :wink: :grin:

3 Likes

I prefer to leave it as is. There’s a Category called Deals & Giveaways. Deals should be posted there, and I think most people know how to search. Perhaps place a hashtag when posting a deal or giveaway: #deal #giveaway

2 Likes

Hey @ndalby
I think % discount is more relevant than £’s as Anker products are cheap.
A cable may only be reduced by a couple of £’s but that could represent a 15-20% difference.
No one would turn down that kind of discount anywhere else in life.

1 Like

I always post only those deals which are really offers, without vouchers and refurbish.

1 Like

@ndalby I agree with @paulstevenewing on this. some times even a 1$ discount counts as it may end up saving 15% overall and someone who is thinking of a cable in next few days may jump in now.
Overall, a deal is a deal, great deals only come once in blue moon, but some people need to buy sooner than that, so they may benefit from these lower discounted deals too.
Of course, when I see a deal from @professor it’s got to be the lowest ever :wink:

Coming to one deal vs single post with several deals, if the member has time and finding deals, let them do that favor to the community, be it one deal or ten deals, one post or 10 posts. The aim is spreading the word, re-visiting and giving another look at the product (himself and others who see the new post).
It really doesn’t matter to me.

2 Likes

I crack myself up :joy:

We’re all entitled to our opinions, that just happens to be mine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just curious, does everyone think that posting refurbished products counts as a deal?

I don’t feel like it does…

3 Likes

Agree

I think it clutters up the deals section, they are not that good a deal and always a new model is same/better price soon.

If this deals section is no better than simply ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v of the current mediocre Amazon discounts, then the true and deeper real discounts become hidden, and so devalues the community.

However, the nature of forums is you have more power to ignore what you don’t like than change it.

1 Like

Shame you feel that way @TechMan I feel it does, 100% :+1:t2:

I never publish those, but I dont care if someone does.

1 Like

I don’t mind the refurbished deals

1 Like

Sometimes when the new version goes on sale, the refurbished models do also. These should definitely be combined in a single thread, though.

1 Like

Oh okay. I’ve never noticed that.

I was just talking about refurbished product at the “fill refurbished price”. It’s usually only a few dollars off, and it’s not a sale- as it is the full price.

If it went down further then that, then it would be a deal and could obviously be posted as such.

1 Like

You are correct.

Refurbished are sold when new is not discounted.

Anyone posting refurbished deals is causing the community to buy old stuff for the price of new stuff.

Sad.

Just wait. New stuff deals will appear when the bought refurbished items sold.

Posting refurbished “deal” is disingenuous,.

1 Like

The @ndalby haunting bug :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not haunted me today, but did yesterday

Thanks for the kind words lol. @Shenoy has taken over the job and I think has done a good job. My reasoning behind keeping a thread was to make sure I didn’t have to copy over multiple deals and flood the forum with new threads everyday. I saw that updating the deals everyday or every other day with a new comment at the end put the thread on top with other recent threads for everyone to see

1 Like

Long time no see! Good to see you around again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks dude! Classes were hectic for last fall semester and thought of coming back several times but didn’t get a chance until now

1 Like