An Idea For Posting Deals

I was recently browsing through my unread topics on this forum, and I noticed a ton of threads that had a single deal / discount in the thread.

While there isn’t anything wrong with posting deals on this forum, it can clutter and fill the threads, making it hard for new users to find answers to their questions, and for old users to be able to answer questions for them.

Then I had an idea. What if when you go to post a deal, you combine it with any other deals you might post that day? So you post a thread that has 3-4 deals in it, instead of 3-4 posts with one deal.

It will help declutter the forum, and keep everything more organised.

What does everyone else think about this?

(Votes are anonymous)

• Users Should Combine Deals Into One Thread
  • Users Should Create Seperate Threads For Each Deal

0 voters

1 Like

But but how do you get your 2 threads a day powerbucks?

I recall one member had 1 thread and edited it daily with current deals, I think it was @Shenoy but not sure.

What some are doing is simply posting the deals currently on Amazon each as a single thread and often they are not that good a deal so it pads the deals with low value. What I do is when it is a particularly good deal, lower than ever before or close to, so when I post it’s more of a true deal.

Some are posting Amazon renewed and they are often higher price than the lowest price of new items.

For example these are today’s UK deals but not worthy in my view of posting.

3 Likes

There is a reason why forum has categories and search.

Users (New / Existing) should simply go through categories or use the search.

If i need to search a specific thing say solar by Professor in question & anwer, i simply ssearch

Solar @professor #questions-answers

That’s all is needed. While I know where you are coming from, your justification does not hold good.

This can also have a negative effect on the community.

1. Lot of deals are posted and shared to social media with hashtag, with what you say, this is eventually going to confuse new members.

2. Anker has a wide range of products along with Soundcore, Nebula, Eufy, Roav. Posting new deals is easier, while editing posts is cumbersome. Who is going to keep a index of what is posted where, come back, search edit posts… Users will think, “let me just pass it and not post”

3. Anker has a lot of events going on Social media, attracting new members to community, it is easier for new members to see a single new thread and go for the deal THAN go through a edited post (edited several times) with lot of comments for deals posted earlier which are no longer there because it is edited to have a New deal

4. Single post deals are easier for everyone, i have used some of deals to purchase stuff, and like them, such as ones posted by Insider

5. Edited posts create a clutter creating huge number of posts, some may like it while some may simply “mute” it, I do this myself, so theremay be more doing it. Who loses here on deals? New members get confused with lot of comments and not buy the deal product. Anker loses prospective customer.

Bottom line – This will overall do more damage to Anker and sister companies,

If something is not broken, don’t fix it.

@TechMan if you do not like seeing new deals - you should go to preference and completely mute the deals section or deal section for specific Anker product - — You will not see a lot of single deal threads, problem solved!!!

FYI… You can also mute specific user ( hope you don’t mute me :smiling_imp:)

@professor you are right, this was by @Shivam_Shah he has not been very active recently.

Check this one thread for Roav check on the comments and deals. The post was edited about 15 times, I did not follow how many actual deals were edited. But this takes a lot of time and actually confuses users than help reading the comments. ( Due respect and no offense here to Shivam Shah :blush:)

These are my thoughts, and I dont want to see Anker lose members / prospective customers…

4 Likes

Thanks for remembering better than me.

So I had a quandary a few weeks ago, I knew there was a Soundcore and an Anker lightning deal at different times, and should I do 1 or 2 threads. What I did was 1 thread and put both the products in the subject line to let people see what they want to see with least threads. I agree with you there is no right best way here, but I’d rather deals be kept to genuine (lowest price ever or lowest for a long time) deals and not whatever is discounted today. So that community members get to best deals and we are not just copy-paste of Amazon.

China is the biggest manufacturing base for the planet and China began relaxing its lockdown 4 weeks ago, and given a 6-12 week supply chain, the recent drought of very good Anker deals will begin to improve as stocks build up from around 2 weeks from now. Much of the Amazon warehouse prioritisation for medical items is being solved now better elsewhere so I think we will begin to get to normal supply & demand from a couple of weeks by now and for sure by July.

2 Likes

Good topic @TechMan

I post in deals almost daily and post single items.

As @professor mentions, it helps get the points to level up.
Today posts aren’t worth what they were in the early hay days that many regulars here benefitted from. No ones fault, I’m sure it was to generate more interest and input.

I do my best to check if the items been posted already.
I know they are not always the best ever price, but a discounts a discount.
Someone seeing a post in deals may be the first time they have come across the product or the deal, so I think they are all worth sharing.
I have had 3-4 comments on renewed (
deals (popular here in the UK as they come with a full warranty) from people who went on to buy the item. Not a huge percentage I know but it’s 4 sales Anker may not have made if the person hadn’t seen the post.

The issue I find with multiple items in the post is you can’t search for specific items.
I’ve posted the same deal as someone else a couple of times, with the original poster (OP?) giving me earache because they had already posted it - one actually got quite aggressive in their response. It never came up in my search as it was named generically.
I reminded them of the rules, they (who I would call a regular) didn’t take that particularly well. :rofl:

1 Like

New users could definitely have issues with searching like this, especially if they aren’t technology oriented.

Also I don’t know why your bringing up editing posts, because I never mentioned anything of the sort. That is way too hard of a job for anyone.

I just mean that instead of posting 2 threads a day- each with 1 deal, you can post 1 thread a day with 2 deals.

Essentially if you have multiple deals to post at a time, you can just post them together- instead of creating separate threads, and clutter

Correct me if I’m wrong professor, but I believe he was being sarcastic. In that people won’t want to combine, because they are “point farming”

Yes you can, you can do it exactly the same way, with the exact same response from the system. Combining threads doesn’t mess with the search algorithm.

If I post a deal for the PowerCore 10000 PD, and the Bolder LC90 in the same thread, then if you search for either one, and sort by latest, the thread will come up first.

1 Like

Hi @TechMan
Not when you’re looking at posts like this as I’ve seen regularly.
I think they would need to be inputted individually.

I guess if you just post pictures. All you have to do is type the name of the products, and it works.

1 Like

2 Likes

This does not go well with social media sharing… How do i create a single thread and then share a thread on Twitter for Nebula which is $449 and Anker 3-in-1 Cable for $10.99 See the contrast :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Each product has a specific audience and it is always better to cater to targeted audience than mixing up everything and creating a mess…

Just leave things as - is…

Note that one of goals, from Anker’s point of view for community is to provide more exposure to Anker and it’s sister company products… If these deals are benefiting members here and social media, then it is a better thing for Anker as a company and the community.

If you think this is clutter, there is no point of having a community because more than 50% of stuff what happens here is off topic discussions and friendly chat … and i enjoy.

But these deals, product Announcements, question & answers and events are the ones which drive Anker publicity

2 Likes

So it is about balance. Anker roughly every 2 weeks now posts us a country-specific deal email across a range of products like Soundcore and Anker and Roav. As they arrive in 1 email it is logical, and least effort, to post in 1 thread, it is then up to the reader to open thread and scroll down to see.

As I mentioned, if I spot two items I can usually put that in the subject in 1 thread.

If its 1 item I usually do a quick look-up if its been this low recently, if so it’s not newsworthy and I ignore. As prices expire after a few days, a quick scroll down can usually see if its posted. This is where I think Anjou’s issue arises of if the same item is in different looking threads, it’s then hard to find and stop dupelicates.

My pet peeve is not putting the country applicable. The German ones usually in German as a hint, I always put USA or UK at start of mine so those non-applicable can know to ignore. I asked Anker to allow to drop-down or tag country, they said they could not.

99.99% of users in the community want to put in the least effort and get free / discounted stuff.

I wish they called a 28% discount what it is - list price. The 40%-50% discounts are the noteworthy.

2 Likes

Who is Anjou? :joy:

1 Like

I dunno, better ask Anjou1888, where’s he gone?

Putting the location in the title is a good call, I’m going to try and add that in future posts.
Some of my posts quote £ saving which speaks for itself but the majority I quote % saving.

This is also what I try to do. I think we should all help each other find the best deals possible. Posting meager discounts does not accomplish this task. Most of us using a forum are tech savvy enough to check the previous prices…

I’m sorry, what? I am constantly editing posts and it is extremely easy… as simple as clicking on the pencil icon. That’s literally it; not hard at all! The only issue I have with it is that @AnkerOfficial does not allow posts from over two months ago to be edited.

You are! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I feel there’s a bit of confusion. I was referring to continuously updating a single thread with every deal you find. That is what is a lot of work. You have to constantly keep track of when a deal ends, if it comes back, what new deals come and keep updating the post thus.

It’s not the editing itself, it’s the constant updating. My point was that we shouldn’t force users to do that in order to share a deal. I believe Shenoy thought that’s what I was implying, when it wasn’t even a thought in my mind. I was just clearing it up :grin:. I too edit posts on a regular basis :innocent:

That was the old me, the new me is TechMan. Now there is a new Anjou :joy:

1 Like

The way this post looks, it will have a negative impact on overall Anker community and also may impact the sales and deals happening via Anker community. We don’t want ideology of few individuals dictate terms for everyone.

This community is handled and owned by Anker and they should decide what is best for the community, about posting deals or not, single easy to understand threads or confusing multi products in a single thread,

As it is, easier to search and use single deal versus a lot posted in one shot. Not sure if everyone really looks at lot of deals posted in one post.

I think you’re meaning you’d like a feature for auto closing of a thread, so someone can set that time to match the end of the deal?

Currently people tend to edit the subject [Expired]

I looked and find this

1 Like

Lol not what I meant at all, but that does seem like a good idea.