Amazon Live | Power Delivery Explained

PD1200x500

Hey Anker Fans,

Another Friday means another livestream!

If you’ve ever wondered what all the fuss is about Power Delivery, then you don’t want to miss this week’s livestream. Adam and Aaron will be taking you through a range of Anker products that include Power Delivery, and giving you a bit of background on what benefits Power Delivery can give you. As always, we’ll have exclusive discounts on everything featured in the livestream.

To learn more about some great Anker tech and find out about exclusive discounts, join us on Fri. May 29, 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET via this link: https://www.amazon.com/live/broadcast/c16947f4-b169-41b7-9362-22241d1f57b6?ref=social&from=singlemessage

We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below, and please let us know what you’d like to see in future livestreams!

Power On!

5 Likes

Power Delivery can definitely get confusing… looking forward to this!

May 22nd?
Someone using copy and paste? :rofl:

1 Like

Totally looking forward to this. :slight_smile:

Loool shhhh just fixed it :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Was a good session today . Nice to meet @Nhi at the stream today

Some update… Powerhouse 100 stated to release in Q3 this year.

1 Like

For goodness sakes, will Anker ever learn?

PowerHouse 100 was announced last October to release last December. 🤦

I can’t express how frustrated this makes me. Anker should underpromise and overdeliver; they are constantly doing just the opposite. Communication is awful, and this is getting ridiculous. Something needs to change.

2 Likes

Did this happen?

Binned idea? Seems so.

I suspect we’re witnessing personalities and conflict in social media management. Marketing wants stuff to announce and engineering is not delivering. The lack of delivery of exciting new products then causes disinterest and some frustration.

I am personally more interested in the engineering side. It is easy to promise, easy to say (move jaw up / down) but very hard to deliver (true effort).

1 Like

And I am more interested in the marketing. Anker’s failures are astonishing.

Cost it.
Design it.
Work out development and build time.
Add small contingency time.
Check costs.
Start manufacturing.
Announce to the world.

1 Like

Companies only fail if the management fail to recognise the personality conflicts below.

I suspect you are seeing marketing trying to push faster than engineering, which would be a mix of engineering being slow/cautious and marketing wanting to say something new.

As to solution, would involve Mr Yang recognition of this and banging heads.

I’ll side with engineering as it’s easier to move a jaw than move electronics.

Anker competitors are partly at fault, but consumers too, expecting what is not sensible and not testing what is released, so a bad product then shames other bad products into being created. Every unboxing video, every use of “powerful” is part of what forces marketing to ask what engineering know is not reliable or cost effective.

For example, I know Anker can make a low cost 100W PD charger. I know very few need it l, so sales volumes would be low so causing prices high, what I don’t yet know as I don’t have a laboratory with testing equipment is if it’s a reliable product yet.

1 Like

You can cost the unit components true. But there is a cost of costing, if that makes sense. There are R&D costs, mock-up costs, which you recover from all units sold. So you must do market research to find the demand, so you can predict unit sales, then calculate the fixed costs per unit sales to turn price with the overheads.

There has to be a good feedback loop between sales saying what is needed (hint as to volume) and engineering on costs, these combined make a business plan.

There is for sure a problem in Anker, but from the outside it’s impossible to know the where fully. Mr Yang has to get involved.

Good ol’ Anker lol

1 Like

For that specific product, to be fair to Anker, most of the market for a portable charger 100Wh AC has gone.

It only made sense for someone who CPAP who is flying and under Covid-19 it would a rare individual doing that (the ones not yet killed, who is willing to take the risk, and without insurance as companies won’t be willing to pay the emergency costs).

I was already sceptical of the need for AC portable chargers as travel devices are significantly USB already. Why invest $$$ in a portable charger AC when you could instead buy a new device which was DC.

1 Like

How is this defending Anker? It only shows that they should have released the product earlier…

I mean last December, easily slipped into January then Chinese manufacturing begins severe disruption then when that eases, do you really want to make this product vs all the others you could make.

Your point that Anker announces then doesn’t seem to do anything, is well taken, a separate point to this specific product.

From an engineering perspective, the higher the Wattage in a small form factor, the more efficient you need to make it (less volume to dissipate heat). The Power Integrations GaN then comes to mind it was disrupted and may be causing an engineering discussion on it would be a better DC converter to consider in this small form factor. I’m speculating.

Look at the Cosmos there also…

1 Like