$50 off the all-new eufyCam 2

Yes,This is a known compatibility issue. We have solved this problem and said that it will be upgraded in the next version.

Thanks for your feedback!

HomeBase 2 does not have backup battery.

Probably in early December.

Wish you pick some eufyCam 1 users for this test as well!!
@AnkerTechnical you may get some honest testing and feedback :thinking:

I guess it depends on how you define similar features. Do the cameras you are considering support HomeKit? What about HomeKit Secure Video? Do you get free 10-day iCloud storage? Do they have local storage inside your house, while the cameras are mounted remotely?

1 Like

Apple does not offer HomeKit Secure Video iCloud storage on free iCloud plans.

You need to subscribe to $2.99/month 200 GB plan (which includes 10-day recording for 1 camera, which does not use 200 GB storage space) or $9.99/month 2 TB plan (5 cameras).

Also, you must have Apple TV HD, Apple TV 4K, or HomePod.

1 Like

@AnkerTechnical Once HomeKit secure video option is available will we be able to use that and storage on the 16GB eMMC?

1 Like

Has anyone who has reached out for HomeKit beta interest received any feedback?

No not at this stage. I’m thinking early next week.

1 Like

On Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx10DNWSBC854YR/?

The Seller (Assume thats Anker?) states that Camera 2 does NOT support AI and facial recognition

But here on this site it seems it does under your presentation

So which is it?

eufyCam 2 uses AI to auto focus on people, so it’s facial recognition of very basic kind. But it won’t identify household members vs. strangers.

If you have HomePod or Apple TV (HD or 4K) with Secure Video-capable iCloud plan, HomePod or Apple TV will perform additional ML processing to distinguish car vs. animals vs. people.

1 Like

Dont understand they release 4 different cams completely mixed with features
Seem like a mess
At least Arlo has some sort of system where the best model has it all
Here no model has all features so tegardless of what model you buy you will never get a top model

3 Likes

Awesome news :clap:

I am sorry, because only eufyCam 2 device can support HomeKit (due to the hardware design). So only users with eufyCam 2 can participate in the Beta test of HomeKit.

1 Like

This is a mistake. eufyCam 2 also support AI (Human/face detection), but the design is different with the first generation. eufyCam 2’s AI algorithm is design on the camera site while the eufyCam’s AI algorithm is design on the HomeBase site.

Yes, it will be also storage in the HomeBase.

ok,
So I purchased my Eufy system June of this year, I’m guessing everyone is calling it the V1 system. The V2 system has just been released with Apple home kit option, but no battery backup. I payed $449 for this system 5 months ago and I admit it works great. But I would like the Apple home kit feature also. So does that mean I would have to take a loss and purchase a new system, a separate battery backup just to have Apple’s home kit compatibility?
Is there a trade in program for the V1 to purchase a V2?
Thanks again

1 Like

+1 … so true, 100% confusing and horrible marketing!

That is sad to learn, but good to know that only original HomeBase comes with integrated battery backup.

Would you please clarify, if I purchase an additional EufyCam2/C camera and pair it with my original HomeBase1, would I get Apple HomeKit support for this new camera? Or HomeKit is in HomeBase2 hardware?

1 Like

So if I purchase a new HomeHub 2 can I use my old HomeHub E as an additional HomeHub/Range extender?

Is the HomeHub 2 also compatible with other smart home devices so for example when the camera detects movement, can it turn on a Eufy smart plug or a Hue smart bulb? Is this or can this be done through Eufy app or Apple Homekit?

My Eufy Cam E saved us from being broken into last night and I’m very keen to expand security, when is it available in the UK? (Is there any discount available for a copy of my video from last night?)

1 Like