1 billion dollar Mega Millions jackpot

Is anybody else hoping to win the Mega Millions jackpot? I know it’s a shot in the dark. But I will gladly give up $10 to buy a few tickets for a chance at 1 billion.

I need some ideas on how I’m going to spend my 1 billion dollars I was thinking about buying a private island and turning it into my own country.

How would you spend a billion dollars? I could use a few ideas.

Now up to 2.2 billion :scream:

5 Likes

Take the lump sum, have roughly just under 400 million after taxes are all said and done. Pay off all depth, buy my mom and sisters a house, build a house for my family and a few select cars or project cars and then I’d set up a trust fund for my son and step daughter and invest some

2 Likes

But 8 disnt buy any tickets so im not gonna win here

Not playing because I’ve never had that kind of luck. If I did win, I’d start with buying a new house & a new car, and I’d do a whole lot of traveling.

I would definitely take the lump sum taking the annuity option is for chumps :joy:

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s not totally accurate and that you have won a few things throughout the course of your life like I have.

A few things over the years, but I don’t think anything worth over $100.

1 Like

What I did when I won the $1B is paid for a time machine, go back in time and have fun annoying people.

FYI a time machine costs less than you think. Involves a really strong cup of tea.

1 Like

Yeah they’re cheaper than you would think on eBay. This one runs on crystals

2 Likes

I hardly ever play the lotto (as it’s called in UK).

However, if on one of them.random times, I did win a big load, I’d buy a house, well bungalow (ranch style for Americans).

I’d pay off the mortgage for my step daughter and upgrade their car (it’s a nice lil banger at the.mo).
Give a fat chq to my bestest friend n nephew, along with a couple friends of the fiancée.

Then enjoy the rest of it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah that part looks pretty awesome but you would have to deal with Shady people to get fuel for it. This is heavy.:grin:

1 Like

The jackpot is now up to 1.6 billion😱

3 Likes

You should take part!
If you are the winner I would invite you here in Munich
for some fantastic beers.

BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR!!! :joy:

1 Like

When I win I will be happy fly over for a few beers. Shoot I’ll buy a whole Brewery. :thinking:

3 Likes

PROSIT!!! :grin:
You are welcome, you know!

I’m not buying a ticket, knowing my luck I’d probably win and then be burdened with having to think what to do with it.

A bit like Powerdraw when you win and having to think of someone deserving.

2 Likes

Semi-related question: Why can we not buy lottery tickets online yet?
The fact that I need to get out of my car and wait in line to buy a tiny piece of paper boggles my mine. :joy:

Are you using your car as well to drive to the bakery next door? :joy:

Um, you can buy your tickets online here in North Carolina. It’s the best thing ever, because in the stores you have to pay cash and at least online I can use my debit card. Credit cards are not allowed