While I love the isolation, fit, and sound quality of these earbuds (both for listening and for calls), I ran into a snag last night with both Bluetooth pairing and then getting the left earbud to connect with the right (master?) earbud.
Note: This is for Zolo Liberty model Z2001, purchased in December at the local Walmart. (This is not the "plus" model, so not sure if the procedures are the same for that model?)
To fix the Bluetooth pairing issue, I followed the reset procedure outlined above:
1. Put the earbuds back in their charging case for a few moments, then take them out.
2. Double tap the earbud buttons simultaneously.
3. Go to the Bluetooth menu on your device and select Zolo Liberty
This managed to get the right side connected to my phone again (yeah!), but the left earbud would NOT pair with the right (Grrr!!!)
This morning, I discovered another step that seemed to fix the issue.
Pairing the Earbuds To Each Other
1. Place the earbuds back in their charging case for a few moments, then take them out.
2. With the earbuds in close proximity to each other (a few inches apart is fine), press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for about 8 seconds. The left earbud flashes a pink color briefly.)
After the left one flashes, give it a try. That seems to have fixed the pairing issue for my earbuds - for now at least.
I'm hoping this will not be an ongoing problem as I really do like these wireless earbuds. I've tried others, and in this price range, these sound the best to my ears - hands down. I also love how people can hear me clearly on calls with these. Several of the others I've tried did poorly in that regard.
Hope this can help someone else with the same struggles. Cheers!