Winners of ‘Review Competition’

Hi, everyone! Thanks a million for joining our review competition. We had a ton of fun reading and watching your reviews, and we’re happy to announce the winners:

First Prize (PowerCore+ 26800 and SoundCore Boost):

Second Prize (Bolder LC40 LED Flashlight and 21W Dual USB Solar Charger):

Third Prize (PowerLine II Dura Lightning Cable [6ft]):

Amazing job, everyone, and big congratulations to our winners.

Even though this event is over, please don’t hesitate to continue sharing your Anker experience with us and the other community members here. We’re always happy to listen to your insights and share the Anker love!

Note:
● All winners will receive an email this week requesting a shipping address. Please check the email address linked to your community account.
● If you have any queries, feel free to send a message to AnkerOfficial.
● To those who missed out, don’t worry: we’ll have another event very soon. Keep checking on us!

18 Likes

Thanks! I need another LC40.

7 Likes

Congrats!
@ZakTechReviews
@TechnicallyWell
@ryandhazen
@nigelhealy
@ndalby
@benfoster42
@Element321
@nibs274
@marandp
On winning!
:tada::tada::tada:

And thank you @AnkerOfficial
I’ve been really wanting PowerPort Solar!

7 Likes

@ryandhazen review is fair. Good performance but that wee velcro pouch…

5 Likes

Congrats to the winners!

5 Likes

Forgot that this one was finishing…plus I can always find use for lightning cables :grin:. Congrats to the winners, some very good reviews were made :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Congratulations to all! Very good reviews!

4 Likes

congrats to the winners!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats, well done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done to all the winners

3 Likes

congrats to all the winners…reading the review were great

3 Likes

congrats Joshuad11!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still want a powerport solar fusion. Why not build a battery directly into the panel? That way you can optimize the ingest for the battery as well as the output for all devices (even iPhoney :laughing:)

2 Likes

They exist from others. Why I don’t want one:

• Batteries age faster than solar panels. Batteries age in the order of 2 years, solar ages of the order of 5-10 years.
  • Batteries age (still, but less so) when not used. Solar does not age at all when not used.
  • Batteries age faster when warmed. The sun makes batteries warmer. So a proximity between batteries and solar is fundamentally suicidal.
  • Your use was car camping (it appears) so if anything failed you had a fallback option. I backpack camp so I like diversity. I prefer two smaller batteries than one larger and I place on opposite sides of backpack. So for example I prefer two Powercore 10000 than one Powercore 20000.
  • Solar needs to be a much bigger surface area than batteries. So you either have a narrower lump inside the folded solar panel which makes it thicker and harder to slide in/out, or you have a smaller solar panel which is nigh useless.

I do think that often you want to place a battery inside the solar panel for which I think a better pouch helps. Morning sunshine is an excellent example, but then during the day I’d have battery inside pack solar panel outside pack and evening sunshine maybe the battery is in shade under a pack / rack a bit from the panel.

1 Like

Congratulations to those which have won!

3 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! Well written reviews by everyone participating.

3 Likes

Congrats to the winners!

2 Likes

Congrats winners :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much and well done to winners and those who took part!

2 Likes

These are good points. Two smaller batteries may be ideal for weight-conscious backpackers. The Powercore II that I use is very heavy and I know many backpackers that would prefer not to carry that much. It’s all about finding the balance between your intended use and the gear you carry (for example, 10,000 mAh of capacity is likely enough for most users, especially solitary backpackers, in which case it might even be better to use even smaller 5,000 mAh batteries for the redundancy you mention).

I do regularly leave the grid, but not always on foot, so that changes the calculation as well. I’m much more inclined to take a larger battery (or multiple large batteries) on a rafting trip, for instance, where gear weight isn’t such an issue. Also, if I want to power a speaker all day (as on a multi-day rafting trip), more capacity is absolutely a necessity, especially if I power my comrades’ gps watches, speakers, phones, etc. Everybody wants a charge when they see you have a solar panel :slight_smile:

1 Like