Where to tune the volume?

How do you tune the volume of your speaker or earbuds?
At the device or at the speaker?

For me as I use the speakers with my laptop mostly,
I adjust full power at the speaker and reduce it at the source.
(easy to handle for me)

Is this OK, or should it be done in another way?

3 Likes

For devices that allow volume control on themselves ( speakers, Bose Soundlink mini) adjust them as well as source (iPhone, laptop) … usually set them on 80% volume and control output from source.

Others like truly wireless headphones like Pamu / Jabra elite or Soundcore Nano control them from source.

But this is dependent on our choices… From my experience, keeping them at 80% on speakers and control from source helps retain the battery power for longer time / reduces the charge back to these speakers.

3 Likes

I prefer when there is only one volume adjustment. Rather than the speaker and phone having separate volume levels. Then I just use the Bluetooth speaker.

If they are separate, than I turn my phone to max, and just adjust the speaker volume.

4 Likes

Thank you.
I was thinking about, as some forumners were talking about charging cycles.
These should be kept as a minimum.

2 Likes

Well it all depends, at my car I will max out the Bluetooth volume output, then I will control my car volume.

1 Like

At the device speaker is just a pain to do

1 Like

Down to your personal preference I would say :grin:

Usually 99% of the time I control at the source (laptop/phone) for speakers and but direct on the earbuds themselves when I’m using them…unless the end output has split volume control, in which case it’s whacked up to 100% and controlled from the source to cut down on hassle…

3 Likes

I normally use the volume controls on my iPhone or Apple Watch as well, as I typically can’t remember if I need to tap the button or hold it down to adjust the volume on the device itself (and I don’t want to accidentally skip the song). :joy:

3 Likes