What products are on your wishlist for Anker to make next?

Yes, but I mean that one single USB-C port can be used for both input and output. Look at the two Powercores with USB-C. In both cases, the USB-C port is used for input, but can be switched to using for output.

So you could have a 5000mAh power pack with just one single USB-C port, ultimately covering both input and output. Additionally, you could have 2 USB-C ports on a 10000mAh to allow for dual inputs and dual outputs.

Of course this only works because of USB-C to C cables… Not so much with A to C cables.

1 Like

USB-C and dual input should not be required, you’d have USB-PD and so it goes to a USB-PD output charger, so in case of a dual port USB-C powerbank, it would have 2 ports, 1 used for input (and then 1 inactive) or 2 ports for output and when 1 port used it gets all power.

Recharging is about half to 2/3rd the Watts of discharging, example is Powercore II 2000 is 4A input and 6A output. That ratio is limited by Lithium cells.

Currently I’m as close to cable simplicity as possible, in that I don’t own lightning so I use MicroUSB cables and USB-C adapters but there’s inevitably going to be a loss of the adapter. I washed one once by accident. :flushed:

Certain Anker powerbanks are incompatible with certain Anker products, example is the Powercore 10000 will not recharge the Soudbuds Lite, as the buds approach charged they drop their demand so low the 10000 turns off power (and it does the same with my Bose QC35) so I find carrying the Powercore+ Mini to recharge buds is required, so its carry the 10000 and the Mini for combined 13450mah with 2 output ports, pair with a Powerport4 to recharge them both with MicroUSB short cable and two longer USB-C cables and I find the cables dominate bulk still.

1 Like

My single-item wishlist:
A left-handed version of any of Anker’s vertical mice. PLEASE!

Has Anker ever considered solar collection and/or backup power storage bank? With a product like the PowerHouse, it seems like Anker has the knowledge to create a home battery that’s at least on par with the Tesla PowerWall for less than $5k apiece.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, there originally were plans for a solar input option for the PowerHouse, but I don’t believe it ever materialized.

2 Likes

Would love a charger with usb3 usbc and support for Apple Watch. Also be great for some of Anker based MacBook Pro dock with readers, connections to other devices via usbc

I was actually thinking even bigger than that. Something I could install on my house for instance…

1 Like

Waiting for a nice power bank that comes with Q.C. 4.0 AND Power Delivery.

CANT WAIT!!!

Keyboard that connects via smart connector for iPad Pro… there aren’t many options!

Phone gimbal!!! Please

1 Like

Some wired earbuds maybe, bluetooth is ok, I still would want a wired earbud with a similar design to the nb10 maybe.

2 Likes

They currently have a wired earbud, the IE10 (lightning connector only) and despite it not having the NB10 style they are decent (plus the price is better since the initial launch).

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Lightning-Headphones-Adjustment/dp/B01N31Z0FX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499328290&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+ie10

thought of an idea. that idea being that Anker makes something bigger then a Bluetooth speaker. example, something like a stereo system, 2 speakers and a sub woofer. anyone else agree??

1 Like

I want an Eufy Genie:grin:I can’t wait to buy one

It would help if this forum ran polls so Anker can count up mass opinions to form a robust view.

So e.g. , should Anker prioritise next:

• USB-PD smaller power banks
  • USB-PD higher performance charges
  • Qualcomm 4
  • Solar panels with USB-PD output
  • Powerhouse with USB-PD input

Without polls this thread reads as a braindump.

I just want any new product with USB-PD. Current one is too expensive!

2 Likes

PD is still somewhat leading edge so scarcity of supply and harder manufacturing = higher price.

I do not own any USB-PD devices, I’m stalling for USB-PD ecosystem to develop. With luck I can stall into next year but likely not more than a year.

2 Likes

Have you watched iFixit?

I’m definitly an Anker fan as far as Chargers, Batteries and CarChargers. However I travel frequently and HATE messing with cables.

I’ve found that the right retractable cable can be one of the most appreciated pieces of your kit, so I’m somewhat surprised Anker doesn’t offer a high quality retractable among its charging cables.

It also doesn’t seem to be a crowded category such as car chargers. Go find a retractable USB-C to USB-C on Amazon. A month ago there was only one.

If you are interested in exploring this category my favorites currently are:

USB to lightning - Scosche 12R: have replaced every apple cable with this one.

USB-C to USB-C - Retrak charge and sync: the only one I could find on Amazon but it works and beats the hell out of apple’s new MacBook cables

What do you think ?

:slight_smile:

I actually requested this feature in an already existing thread :grinning:

1 Like