What happened to the security light cam & doorbell?

Now would be a good time for an update from @AnkerOfficial, @AnkerTechnical, or @AnkerSupport. Last we heard was Spring 2019, which is less than an hour away at the time of posting!

3 Likes

Spring for doorbell, light was supposed to be 2018

You’re right… I think the floodlight cam is close.

I didn’t hear anything about the floodlight yet. The doorbell is still in Beta testing phase as far as I know.
@AnkerOfficial can I say this? :thinking:

No plans for a keypad or external alarm as of now.

I’ve been in the market for a doorbell camera as my Arlo Pro camera is elevated so it does not give me a huge view of my entire front yard as well as the door. I want something more eye level and have seen the Ring as being a good option, but I would love to have a Eufy one so I can limit the amount of apps I have to open/doanload. Having Arlo, Nest, Eufy, Yi and Kasa currently is not fun.

I’ll be interested in the doorbell. if it has a cam and speaker/mic that will be great.
Currently I use an old iPhone 4s as a security cam (using Alfred app).

1 Like

That with security is true. All these IOT products are one of the biggest reason why we have big ddos networks. Manufacturer don’t care about it. It’s the same with smartphones

This is exactly I was looking for a eufy video door bell. No idea how long it will be before we see it in the market. Wish I could take part in the Beta Test.

1 Like

Yeah… completely forgot about the doorbell, would def be interested in this

2 Likes

The video doorbell has now hit FCC

5 Likes

Looks fab. I’m in love :heart_eyes:

I’m still seeking info on the floodlight cam. Eufy web page currently says “Coming soon.” Any idea how soon?

It’s in beta testing right now. So it shouldn’t be to much longer before it is released.

2 Likes

A few questions about the Floodlight, if anyone knows:

• Will it be powered by batteries, or wired AC or DC?
  • Will the camera connect wirelessly to existing Eufycam home base units?

Wired AC power
Wireless video but unknown if its an ip camera or if it connects to the homebase

1 Like

Another question about the Floodlight:

• Will the lights have motion activation, and if so, will that be independent from the motion activation of the camera?

It does not connect to the homebase. It uses your own existing router. It is not an IP camera per se. It is accessible thought the Eufy Security app. Motion activation is not independent, when motion is detected camera will record and lights will come on but only if it is dark. They do not illuminate when motion is detected in the daytime.

2 Likes

Thanks @Haloweenhamster and @Maypo52 for the Floodcam info

This was posted on Kickstarter

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Eufy-Security-Flood-Cam-1080P-Wide-Angle-Surveillance-Camera-with-Adjustable-Dual-Lightning-T84201W1/311282197

Wonder when the release date is

Apparently SD card storage

1 Like

Does anyone happen to know if it supports rstp?