[Archived] Weekend Plans

Oh, BUGGER

I’ve only gone n damaged my foot. Will need to go to the walk-in Center tomorrow to have it checked out… I don’t need this.

I was walking back from the shop, when I twisted my foot on a man-hole cover on the pavement. I limped home, but didn’t think too much of it.

A couple hours later, my foot has become extremely painful, swollen, hot, and red. Not good.

I slopped lots n lots of ibrubuphen gel on it, once set I put a tubi-grip on my foot. That was hours ago, and it’s only become more painful, hot, n red.

Will update after the medical visit in the morning. Hope it’s short term, as a rupture tendon is painful n takes ages to repair.

Not good, get better my friend. I twisted my ankle on a piece of a broken pallet and my ankle swelled up to where I couldn’t wear sneakers or boots for two weeks, so I feel your pain

Sorry to hear that.

Learn meditation, it worked for me to heal myself. Not saying it replaces scientific medicine but a mindfulness complements and supports science. I can pretty much half the time to heal relative to average, but I learned how to do that 30 years ago so probably a pro.

In simple terms, try to imagine placing your mind in the damaged part, think about it, think about the pain and keep doing that til you fall asleep. The opposite of your instincts of distracting yourself and not thinking about it. I suspect what is physically happening is you are increasing blood flow in the damaged area so your natural self repair is enhanced. Do not think as hippy nonsense.

I was cutting a bush in garden a few months ago and cut right through my finger (stupid me) and I immediately, as I am practiced took control, and was able to stop the bleeding just by my mind, I then ran it under the tap to clean it then superglued it then it healed itself. I am probably a pro so do not set expectations but at least begin to learn.

May be you forgot to cool with foot with ice!
This has to be done immediately.
This will prevent the swelling.

Years ago I was the same fool, NO ICE!
Swelling an a lot of pains! :sob:

So I have learned this! :grin:

Thanks gets for.your kind words n words of wisdom.

I woke this morning, and my foot has gone down, but still painful when weight baring… fortunately I have plenty of crutches n walking sticks! lol

@nigelhealy I’m no pro at mind control, but I do use thought n breath to help control my pain (sciatica in both legs, 4 collapsed n bulging discs, a slightly compressed nerve in my lower back n a couple in my neck, osteoarthritis in my hands, knees and elbows plus most of my spine). I’m aware that pain is a thought (in it’s most basic form) so the more you concentrate on it, the more it hurts. This is how I can still get about with all that’s wrong with me, and even tho I wake every day on a level 6 pain (out of 10) i still carry on as normally as I can.

I’ve yet to master Jedi skills in stopping blood! (Edit) when I was chefing, we’d put sugar on a cut to stop it bleeding n form a scud (crust/scab). Sugar also sterilises the cut.

Now than I’m a walking wounded, the fiancee made me a bacon bap… yummy

2 Likes

Still you’e able to eat, you’re alive…hehehe!

2 Likes

Iron Butterfly is ok, but I greatly prefer Iron Maiden J

1 Like

Looks like it’s missing something.
Raw onion, some gravy and it will taste a whole lot better I think! :sunny:

2 Likes

Raw onion is very good for the digestion!
You know what I mean! :wink:

Gravy? Where to get it from?
From a bottle filled with industrial chemistry? :fearful:

TO a bacon bap? **THAT’S ** disgusting.
A fried egg (over easy) or proper scrambled eggs (2 eggs butter, few cracks of pepper) and fried button mushrooms (sliced thinly and try in butter and a couple cracks of pepper) that’s all you add, anything else is wrong wrong WRONG!

2 Likes

Think we are getting started to swap recipes like old housewives! :joy:

2 Likes

I eat practically everything. So start sharing your liquid breakfast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Claro!

My mom drink ‘dunkel’ beer with a sugar cube in it

3 Likes

Prosit to you mom!

I can’t help it, I’ve spent so long of my adult n teen life as a cook. My first job was at 13 working in kitchens.

1 Like

With eggs is good too. But not a few cracks of pepper. When I’m done with the pepper my scrambled eggs are black :slight_smile:

I prefer food that keeps my engine running longer than an hour…

2 Likes

If you are in a more schnapps mood try my favorite.

2 parts energy drink
1 part rum (Bacardi Razz)

2 Likes

OK, no more recipes, but we have fun talking.

I like cooking too, but only working in our private kitchen.
So I’m a “chefe de couisine” here, but only here in my home.
But dont’ let me forget:

A clincking PROSIT (CHEERS) to you!
(Photo above)

1 Like