We Love Testing | Special Edition

This will lead to a kid of waste.
If everything changes to USB-C, what will you do with an item using USB-micro?

Garbage?

Step by step!

There are still a lot Anker charger and cables using USB-C.

Like I said, it might not be a big deal for other people, but it is a big deal for me. So I think it is worth mentioning in the review.

I remember the old days, when each company had their own cable style.

Nokia was king, but even they had 2 different leads.

Then came along the first PDA phones, and some had.micro usb.

One thing hasn’t changed tho, usb-a. That’s still the same shape n size, only the innards have changed, meaning g it’s capable of faster transfer speeds, and higher charging watts.

Usb-c is just a smaller version and the pins are more able to transfer all that to a smaller device… The smartphone. (Just for fun, have you noticed it’s smartphones or iphones … Just saying hahahaha :crazy_face: joke)

If micro could have done the same, the bigger quicker smarter phones, needed small and all the advantages, so went with C. Depending g on construction of the cable, C’s are able to be as good as A, but smaller, which is where micro-usb loses out. Yet for 60% of handset sales, micro is still the favoured cable it can do quicker smarter things, but not as well as C, which is why the 40% of the top smartphones moved.

If I remember rightly, there was a smaller connection than micro, which was the gen 1 for phones.

At least now,non 2019, there are only 3 canles, whereas around 29 years ago, there were around 8 different phone cables.

2 Likes

Anker not making Type C buds makes them part of the problem, not the solution.

USB Type A to C cables exist, if you make buds with Type C then it will work with your existing Type A chargers and then continue to work as your chargers then become Type C. So making Type C products means you can work with everything else which exists today.

If though your devices all become Type C, phones, tablets, laptops, there is not a Type C to MicroB cable made by Anker, so you are forced, by Anker making MicroB buds to keep owning, buying, carrying Type A portable chargers and chargers.

So in steps:

1. sell everything with a USB-C socket
  2. those in a mixed TYpe C and TYpe A carry 2 cables
  3. Once all you use is Type C then you stop carrying Type A.

For buds the primary advantage of C ports is reversibility, less fiddle.

I remember that struggle. If you forgot your phone charger you were out of luck unless your friend had the same exact phone

2 Likes

Well, DHL finally decided to deliver my @AnkerOfficial Soundcore Liberty Neo :joy:

I’ve posted a new forum thread with the link to the review here.

Otherwise you’re welcome to check it out directly here:

1 Like

The music on my Liberty Neo frequently gets distorted, especially when there are multiple computers and electronic device around. It happens every 2-3 minutes and I am getting annoyed because of how frequent it happens.

Here is my review, I apologize as I didn’t have time to make a video, I am waiting for a new camera to come in and once it does I can add a video if need be.

2 Likes

I’ll have my review up tomorrow. Was trying to get it done this weekend, but…life…am I right? lol

1 Like

Just finish my review video :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tech_Man You spelled review wrong in your title

thanks for letting me know

I remember that, Nokia had their own charger but it was mostly Nokia at that time. Now everything will go to USB C including apple.

Review and video review are up! :smiley:

1 Like

Here is a link to my review! Soundcore Liberty Neo | Better than $$$
I really enjoyed these!

1 Like

Here is a link to my Neo Review!

3 Likes

My review also up :slight_smile:

We Love Testing - Soundcore Liberty Neo (Review)!

5 Likes

My review is up! Go watch it here: https://youtu.be/jTw8cZeEt3c

4 Likes

Here’s my review comparing it to the popular AirPods:

Thanks for the allowing me the opportunity, @AnkerOfficial!

4 Likes

Just took my time and my review is here. My own Soundcore Liberty Neo Review

3 Likes