Understanding USB-C | Everything You Need to Know!

@Oggyboy said nothing should happen because they would notice that there is another smartphone.

1 Like

it’s in the Anker projects to make a single Hub with all connections? (SD, HDMI, USB 3, Ethernet ecc…)

1 Like

For the record, you cannot future proof. You can avoid “buy cheap, buy twice” but the future is not yet written so you cannot future proof.

Your only choices really are to be leading or trailing, If you trail then you to tend to buy 1-2 year old products for about 25%-50% of the cost. If you lead then buy 0-1 year old products and pay double.

2 Likes

Blah blah, you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All USB-C cables can accept at least 60W. Certified USB-C 3.1 Gen2 should also be able to accommodate 100W.

Anker’s Thunderbolt cable is here to accommodate 40Gb/s data and monitors while maintaining compatibility with USB 3.1 Gen2. It’s a great all-in-one cable thanks to its maximum allowable passive cable length of 0.5m. However, the average consumer need for 40Gb/s is just not there yet.

Therefore, I still think the PowerLine II USB-C to USB-C 3.1 Gen2 is still the better cable to get. In addition to USB-C 3.1, it can do 20Gb/s data in Thunderbolt 3 and future USB 3.2 devices at 1m length cables, coupled with lifetime warranty at a better lower price.

1 Like

I look forward to a future of USB C. Even though it seems far off now, it’ll be a much simpler world when all devices connect, charge, and transfer using a universal cable!

1 Like

Great Info! Wish there was a clear and easy way to tell what the speeds are of each port.

The only way to do this is to stop using legacy ports. @nigelhealy and I agree on this. For the life of me, I can’t understand why a new product coming out in 2018 from Anker or anyone still uses microB. It is baffling. The sooner manufacturers embrace the new standard, the sooner consumers will embrace the new standard, as simple as that.

I would agree with you. And I feel that even though a usb c port on your router or speaker might seem pointless, it brings us one step closer to a universal cable. All power cables should be replaced and every kind of charging mechanism.

USB-C is also physically easier as reversible. So say the Anker Soundbuds Life, they are physically deep enough to easily house a USB-C socket and would just make it easier.

This is saying Anker is trailer, not a leader, as its forcing us to keep Type-A physically larger charger ports so bigger cables to handle the MicroB Anker product sockets.

1 Like

very helpful

wow thanks anker

USB-C to USB-A 3.0 adapter now on Amazon.

Link: https://amazon.com/dp/B078NPT4BJ

2 Likes

I am hoping for more PD chargers in the UK market :slight_smile:

1 Like

New USB-A to USB-C Cable Bundles (PowerLine+)

6ft, 2 pack

1 Like

@joshuad11 your red link got messed up

1 Like

Wow- it appears I’m rather needy with all those adapters ! Thanks for such a thorough response @AnkerTechnical

2 Likes

The adapters that convert the regular USB onto a USB C

Thank you!