Today's topic | What is on your travel bucket list?

• I’d like to see as many National Parks as possible. My parents took us to several when my brother and I were kids, but I didn’t appreciate them back then.
  • Would love to travel through Europe, in particular Scotland, Italy, Denmark/Norway/Sweden. Nothing against the other nations, those are just the ones at the top of my list.
  • Goes without saying that Africa is on the list
  • The Disney Parks in Japan and China, as well as traveling around both countries.
1 Like

This year I visited the Iguazu Falls, the Brazilian side and the Argentine side, each one is very different, don´t miss it, it’s incredible!!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Last year I went to Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. This year I went to the Triple Frontier of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina.
My plans for the next trip is to know another Latin American country

3 Likes

I have a large list. Last year my wife took a girls week trip to Bora Boa and loved it. We made a deal that I could do my bucket list road trip by myself or with other photogs. This trip is to either travel the back roads of New Mexico or go up into Kansas and the Dakotas and explore the ghost towns and rural farming communities.

1. road trip bucket list - The plan is head North from Dallas and go up into the Canada plains. We will visit ghost towns, abandoned landmarks along the way. Camp out under the stars or stay in hotels. Once in Canada, we will cut west across the plains and head south through the desert states take back roads photograph old mining towns and ghost towns a long the way. Eventually will make our way back to Dallas. This trip should take about 2 weeks to complete.

2. Jeep Trip. Travel to Moab, check out the offroad parks on the way. Spend a week in Moab at the offroad park then travel south through the desert mining roads (need heavy duty off road rigs for these roads) then hit up the off the offroad parks in Colorado before heading home.

Bucket List places, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Scottland, Italy, Rome, Turkey, Jerusalem, Egypt, Patagonia, Maldives, Thailand, and South America.

4 Likes

Here’s something that might help others find all of those North American National Parks:

https://www.islebox.com/2015/national-parks-road-trip/

2 Likes

That is so cool, I remember you posted a picture of them before which made me look into it. Not to mention my best friend and her hubby just went there over the summer. So I know it’s amazing and I really wanna go

2 Likes

Lunch on the Moon.

Visit Alpha Centauri

Oh and I really want to see Betelgeuse up close.

1 Like

What’s in your backpack!!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Is it safe to drive along at the route 66? How long it will take to drive?
I’m also interested in it!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

How’s your feeling when visiting the great wall?

1 Like

Northern lights is amazing!
I used to see it in Iceland. It was an unforgettable experience.:grin:

3 Likes

Finding the physical remains of little cities long gone makes for fascinating travel.:grin:

1 Like

Have been to the Great Wall, wouldn’t mind checking out the terracotta warriors. Also want to climb Mt. Fuji.

2 Likes

Lunch on the Moon. :smile:
After a few years, may it become a reality?

1 Like

Oho, so funny!
These little thieves are still there (last photo).:joy:
Great. They know were the “things” are. Trying to open the rucksack!

I have been there 2 times.

Speaking Portuguese (The Brazilian Portuguese is little different from the Portuguese spoken in Portugal) it was really a nice trip.
It’s good if you speak Spanish or Portuguese in South America.
May be today there are more people speaking English, but speaking a “Latin” language helps really a lot.

As you did, I would recommend Argentina and Chile as well : Perito Moreno, Atacama…

1 Like

Did I mention we did the whole 1,700 MI trip in a 1983 Toyota pickup with 170,000 miles? kick a** time!

6 Likes

Breathtaking!

1 Like

Dunno how safe it is or isn’t, but at 5 11, and 260lb, I’m not an obvious target, plus they’d get my walking stick up their arse!

1 Like

260Lb is skinny for some sections of 66

My advice Mac is hold your dream and plan to make it real.

Its Perfectly fine, I done it, the issue is not safety, it is that as you get towards the west coast the hotels go up in cost. So the clean massive room in mid-west becomes something else.