The Top 10 Smartphones of 2017

They forgot the OnePlus 5, which has basically the same specs as the 5T (apart from the screen and camera)

1 Like

I want the mate 10 pro, but it doesn’t work on Verizon :pensive:

Forbes is alone in this result.

In the tech blog sites, half them phones aren’t even in the top ten… Oops. Not sure what their scoring method was, but it seems at odds with blogs n the public.

Plus if I’ve added up correctly, the total percentage is 131% lol

First word is “my” “My Favorite Smartphones Of 2017, Ranked” and “I want to clarify that this article is not a list of the best smartphones. Instead these are my favorite, based on several factors from performance to looks to value.” And the reviewer is in China.

1 Like

So the article author’s favorite smartphones of 2017 are… all the flagship smartphones from major manufacturers? :thinking:

That feels like cheating.

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Huawei phone. I love my iPhone 8 Plus. Also been looking into the Razer Phone since I love playing games on my phone. This is a hard vote lol

I think Samsung always makes best phone. Except for the one that exploded:joy:

1 Like

iPhone X all the way…
PS: don’t call me iSheep or I will call you iD…

I think Huewei is pretty good. The issues with high-end smartphones are the customer supports. Apple stores and Samsung stores are available in big malls in US and Canada. Customers can visit and make questions about various products. They could also do exchanges there. It helps to build customer trusts.
Huawei could be good but it sells phones through carriers, and lacks direct customer supports. That devalue the phone quickly. After one year, a $800 Huawei smartphone becomes $200 one. Customers will rethink about it when they buy.

2 Likes

I’m from China, but I always love iPhone. :grin:

And my second option would be Samsung, just loving their TV series, and the Samsung Phones are pretty good at least in the first couple of months after buying.

By the way, glad to see there are still many votes for Mate 10 Pro, haha

I will forever like the IPhone 7 or 6, not the new ones though, too much with that facial recognition stuff

Facial recognition isn’t reliable. The news has revealed that twins or strangers with similar looks can unlock each other’s phones…:joy:

The photo-shooting function of Huawei phone is very powerful.:sunglasses:

Yeah, this article not very objective. So that’s why we want to ask: which phones are on your personal top 10?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Luckily I don’t have a twin! But I still don’t believe that video, I feel like it was a fake, but hey, if anyone in the Anker Team/Community has an identical twin and a IPhone X then tell me if it’s true!

The article is not objective but it is based on hands-on experience. Few Anker Community members have touched any or many of those phones mentioned. As such the article has more validity than most here but does mean objectively true.

I own a OnePlus3T as my primary phone and a Moto G4 Play as my backup phone. I skipped the OnePlus5 as not better enough to upgrade, and the OnePlus5T as a side-ways step from the OnePlus5, the Snapdragon 845 is a sufficiently better SoC to be a possible basis of my next phone better enough to then be upgrade, in a phone which does not yet exist.

All due credit to China here, most of the products are physically made in China and many of them designed in China. The Chinese focus on maths, science, manufacturing is shaming many other countries.

1 Like

Brand is not technology.

Brand is marketing, marketing people do not make anything physical, you cannot extrapolate one product to another product with the same logo. You do not know the different engineers involved, how much testing, what compromises.

Each product stands by itself from a manufacturing quality engineering standard.

What a brand has is marketing budget.

2 Likes

Really good point!

The voting, therefore, should be, which is the phone that you expect the most to buy, haha.

And that’s why I vote iPhone X, while I never used it.

Only ever saw the keynote launch for the iPhone X. Never seen one for Real and that’s nearly 3 months on. But still want one over anything else :heart_eyes:

Huawei might make good phone but support in the US is terrible…Hopefully they get their act together and start updating