The Old Zolo by Anker

Anker just announced their new apprentice brand, Zolo, but did you know (I sure didn’t) that Zolo by Anker products existed well before 2017? In fact, the branding launched in 2014. I came across the product lineup with a Google Search. It seems as though it was a crowd-funded campaign that allowed for a streamlined product offering from Anker. Money was donated through Indiegogo.

The ecosystem revolved around magnets. Their power banks had magnets that allowed their cables to clasp to them. The same went with their car charger, wall charger, phone cases, and more. They were all meant to work together and provide a better and simpler charging experience. You can still find YouTube reviews out there featuring the battery banks with interesting names.

For some reason, in 2015, Anker discontinued the program and offered a 200% refund to all contributors. I am very curious as to why they did this and wonder if they are open to starting another service now a couple years later like this one.

Let me know: would you like and/or participate if Anker did something like this again? Were you a part of this service when it was active? If so, please share your experiences with the community!

3 Likes

Ain’t Google an amazing place :grin:

It’s not unusual for branding to be re-used (or adapted) when product lines have not taken off. It’s possible that a similar thing could happen with the Select name after the change to the SoundCore 2…

1 Like

I’m very pleased to hear everyone’s opinion!

1 Like

Technology/ gadgets of the future are a fairly new norm for us humans. Just a few years back not many people were into having their electronics EVERYWHERE with them, day and night 24/7. With all of these technological advances these big corporations have been throwing at us allowing us to stay connected to others solely through a hunk of plastic, metal and glass (more complicated than that but you get the picture) it is only a matter of time before we humans need more power, more of that “interaction” with others through our devices to get us through our days. So this is where Anker picks up the ball and runs with it allowing us to stay connected 24/7 allowing us to have that interaction through a device many of us are now sadly used to. With that said a few years back the Zolo brand was maybe just not something we needed or saw as something that would eventually be an integral part of our normal lives. This relaunch is sure to be a success now in 2017.

1 Like

http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=USTM.87017891

I saw Sous Vide on the list. :yum:

I actually purchased a Zolo battery and case back then (after they were discontinued and on sale) and I thought they were pretty good! I still occasionally use the battery. It has a unique touch sensor (instead of button) that requires you to swipe across the battery to activate the battery LEDs. I, too, am puzzled as to why it was discontinued.

1 Like

A recently came across a couple of videos of this product in action!

Review Video
Promotional Video

2 Likes

I totally want that zolo battery pack. The fact that it’s magnetic and holds the cables to it and the phone makes it worth it. I wish they still made them because I would get one to use while at work. I tried searching briefly but couldn’t even find any for sale on ebay

Thanks for posting the video, only confirms that I want this even more now

Interesting, I’d like to test any of this products