The Community Christmas Countdown | Delicious Christmas Recipes

We make every year Indian Christmas Rose Cookies Also Call Achu Murukku.

I Call them Snowflakes Cookies

This is how to make. Easy and simple

Ingredients

• Thick Coconut milk- 1 cup
  • 2 eggs
  • Caster Sugar- 1/3 to ½ cup
  • Pinch of salt
  • Rice flour- 2 cups
  • Vanilla essence (optional)
  • Sesame seeds- 2 tsp (mixed )
  • Oil for frying.

How to make

• In a bowl, combine egg, sugar and coconut milk and beat well. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well into a smooth thick batter.
  • In a kadhai, heat oil for frying. Dip greased mould in batter and place in hot oil. Loosen it gently after few seconds. Follow the same process for rest of the batter to make more cookies.

Check Youtube for how to make it.

This is How it looks. You can use any mold.

Thank you and share it with friends and family!
Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

Bruleed Lemon Tart

Crust
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup almond flour

Filling
Zest of 3 lemons
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 large eggs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter

To make the crust, beat together the butter and powdered sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and continue mixing until uniform, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the flours, mixing until the dough comes together and begins to gather in the bowl. Press dough into an 10-inch ungreased tart pan evenly on the bottom and sides. Poke a fork into the bottom to release air while baking. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

To make the lemon filling, combine the lemon zest and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan. Whisk in the lemon juice and eggs. Cook the mixture over medium to medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens (you should be able to make tracks in the mixture with your whisk). This will take about 8-10 minutes. Use a fine mesh strainer to remove the zest. Add the butter, whisking until it is fully incorporated. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chilled tart dough for 15-20 minutes, or until dry in appearance and touch. Add lemon filling and continue baking for 25-30 minutes, or until filling has set. Cool to room temperature. Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar over the tart.* Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crisp top.

2 Likes

Don’t have the exact recipe, but molasses cookies would be my #1. Soft like a loaf of bread fresh out of the oven

1 Like

Now I believe you are a excellent chef!:grin:

1 Like

:yum:::yum::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I like lemon, I want to try it!

1 Like

If you sprinkle some coconut powder, it will be a real white snowflake.:yum:

1 Like

Lol…:laughing: I also want to know!

I like eating scone with vanilla tea!:tea::grin:

There are a lot of traditional Christmas dishes in Portugal but my favorite one is Pastéis de Bacalhau.

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
4 potatoes, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound salted cod (If you can’t find this locally, you can always buy some easily here on Amazon)
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
2 lemons sliced thinly
1/2 cup black olives for garnish

Directions:

1. Soak the dried cod in cold water for a day, changing the water 3-4 times.
  2. Drain the cod, rinse, and put it in a large pot. Add the milk and enough water to cover an inch.
  3. Simmer gently over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cod is tender.
  4. Drain and rinse the cod well, removing any little bits of skin and bone.
  5. While the cod is cooking, pour 1-inch of water in a large pot.
  6. Add the potatoes and simmer on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes until very tender.
  7. Drain the potatoes, peel off the skins, and mash them well with a potato masher.
  8. In a bowl, add the cod to the potatoes, along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and eggs.
  9. Beat the mixture firmly with a spoon until it is a smooth and even consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Shape the cod mixture into medium sized cylinder shaped pieces.
  11. Pour the oil in a deep heavy skillet or pot and place it on high heat.
  12. Add the pieces one by one, turning them over until they are golden brown.
  13. Once done remove the pieces and place them on a plate with paper towels to dry.
  14. Serve while hot with the sliced lemons for extra flavor.

3 Likes

Ola Diana,

As I was asking for “uma receita com bacalhau” here it is.

Muito Obrigado!

I am not Portuguese, but I like to be there and I know a little bit of your country.

Feliz Natal & um Prospero Ano Novo

Franz aka Chiquinho :grin:

PS: And don’t forget a glass of “vinho verde” of course!
(vinho verde" is a typical portuguese white wine, fresh and sparkling, perfect with fish.)

2 Likes

Oh man you just made me super hungry with that posted recipe. I haven’t had that in a few years and I love it, my Spanish grandmother always made it for me. I’m thinking I’m going to have to make a trip up to Connecticut so she can make it for me again… I’m tried once before and it didn’t come out right so I leave it to the professionals

2 Likes

In our family, Christmas day dinner has always been one in which we eat a treasure of yummy seafood, typically fresh cooked lobsters with seasoned clarified butter, Alaskan King crab legs, jumbo butterflied shrimp and sides. Dessert is often a fluffy light parfait layered on top of cheesecake.

Our recipe is chocolate chip cookies made with flour, sugar butter a little salt and our secret ingredient- coconut !

There are so so so many delicious recipes! Hope you guys will come back and post what you actually make on the Christmas dinner and let us know if there’re any dishes that you use the recipes above. :champagne:

1 Like

Nope! It is all shaped by hand. Mostly into pretzel shapes or swirls!

Seafood is always my favorite! But in China, fresh seafood are always expensive than other dishes, so I cannot eat regularly!:joy:

So this recipe is called (for no reason really) Upside Down Mac And Cheese. We make it every holiday season and it’s up to the person who’s house we visit to make it. This way, it’s slightly different every time. And honestly, please keep this between us, because this is supposed to be a secret family recipe. Nobody outside of our family has ever had the privilege of making this before. Good luck Anker Community!

1 & 1/2 Lbs. of Ground Beef

4 Cans Campbell’s Tomato Soup

1 Box San Georgio Trio Italiano Noodles

18 Individual Kraft Slices Yellow American Cheese

Brown ground beef,

Cook soup adding 1/3 can of water,

Fully cook trio italiano noodles.

In a baking pan, layer all 4 ingrediants starting with tomato soup to stop from sticking to pan, then add noodles, then ground beef, then 6 slices american cheese. Repeat until you have 3 layers and then top off with tomato soup over top to help everything melt and mix. Cover (usually with aluminum foil) and put into pre-heated oven for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool for 5 or 10 minutes covered. Keep covered when not serving. Serve on plates or bowls. Enjoy!

I absolutely love this recipe!! I’m actually going to do it this weekend.
Portugal is an amazing country, the more you find out about it, the more you love it. :portugal:

Feliz Natal e um próspero Ano Novo!!

1 Like

Pastéis de Bacalhau are delicious and is tradition in my family to make it every year on Christmas.
The more you eat, the more you want!!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!! :christmas_tree::tada:

1 Like

I only scrolled through briefly right now but several photos had caught my eye…so i will be grabbing pen and paper and writing down several recipes to try!!

Merry Christmas Eve!