The Community Christmas Countdown | Christmas Traditions

That’s a good one. I’ll try that this year. lol.

Some lovely traditions posted here. For us, while the kids still believe we make them a Christmas Eve box with some small gifts and Christmas pyjamas in and follow the ISS as the earth spins we then have some bells which we jingle when we know it’s overhead and all run outside. We look up to finds the ISS shooting across the sky and the kids will go and find their Christmas Eve package. We love it. Then we watch the dvd’s In their package and munch on domino’s lol.

Merry Christmas everyone x

Probably that we always eat at a chinese place.
Or that we always eat Bratwurst with potatosalad on the 24th.

Nice @Daiross :wink:

1 Like

Our tradition is a movie and Chinese food on Christmas Day. Somehow the movie tradition also entails always picking the worst new movie in theaters though that has never been intentional.

Waking up early to ungift presents while having some random christmas music coming from our smart tv. Finding either a breakfast or brunch place open on christmas day and enjoying whichever we find open. Cooking a feast for dinner and enjoying some great time with the fam.

relaxingggg

My mom makes those every year, too. I could eat the whole pan by myself.

1 Like

My family is Jewish and my wife’s family is Catholic, so every Christmas is spent with my in-laws. We attend midnight mass and then go back to their home to take photos by the tree and open presents.

I’m just happy to spend Christmas with my dad and stepmom, they have been there and cared more for me then my own mother. Our tradition that I think of is hanging our stockings with our names on them. I had a doggie stockings, my stepmom has a kitty stocking and dad has a blue velvet stocking he has had since he was my age.

1 Like

Well in terms of Christmas traditions… I usually just spend it with my mom, dad and sister just sitting on the couch with some hot chocolate my mom makes and watching movies on TV. Usually there are Christmas movies, we aren’t very traditional in the way we celebrate since we sorta don’t really but we still do spend time together since no one has work. In terms of holidays I don’t really think my family does anything special or out of the ordinary, just a relaxed night together.

Congrats to the previous week winner @Daiross

2 Likes

Everyone in our family gets 2 Christmas gifts. We all eat the cookies and have a glass of milk on christams eve, open one of the gifts (which is more like wrap the crap) and then leave a glass of milk, some cookies and carrots (for rudolph) on the table. The next day we all opened our other gift and the kids cooked the breakfast for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have a lovely nativity set with lights that goes in our window for a week or so before the rest of the decorations go up. But my favourite traditions are lots of carol singing.

When the children were smaller the tradition was that I would go to midnight Mass on Christmas Eve while y husband put the children to bed. It was my little pocket of sanity in what is other wise a bit of a wild time for a mom. Then when I got back from masss it was hopefully time to ‘welcome Santa into the home’.

Now the kids are older and we all go to midnight Mass. Sadly Santa doesn’t visit our home any more, as the children insist on going to bed even later than I do!

thank u!! good luck @MistKY :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Our tradition is kinda random… The family all gets together and we all go play out in the snow(if we have it). Never know in Illinois. We all go have a big snowball fight and build forts. Even the grandparents! It’s pretty spectacular watching well respected older grandparents play with the kids(all under 9). Warms the heart just thinking about it.

My family likes to go to a town called McAdenville and drive through it, because every year, 99% of the town is adorned in Christmas decorations, and it’s really nice to look at.

Thanks u ! good luck!!! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

My Christmas tradition is to get drunk and rowdy and then contemplate suicide.

With my family we decorate for a Mexican Christmas. We have jalapeño Christmas lights and decorate the tree Texan/Cowboy style. My moms side of the family grew up in a part of Texas that used to be Mexico. Our tree topper instead of being a start it’s a cowboy Santa holding a lasso.

Umm… joking? That sounds kind of serious.

Our Christmas tradition is to open/exchange gifts from family on Christmas eve. After our huge feast of course. Then on Christmas day all the kids get their gifts from Santa.

I am always wondering does Santa wrap your gifts or are they unwrapped? Mine were always unwrapped under the tree but my wife always had hers wrapped. So we had a debate on what to do for our kids.