The best way to switch to USB C

Hi everyone,

Just letting you all know that Anker has a great , low price product that can help you make the switch to USB C, and it’s on sale now:

I have these and did a review of them here, but I’m not the only one. These are highly rated by several professional reviewers, as you can see in my post below:

The short story is that these will power your fast charging devices at the speeds they expect, and they make use of all those Micro cables you have lying around! $6.99 is as cheap as I’ve ever seen them.

2 Likes

How are these useful? It’s not gonna help your phone charge faster.?.?.?

1 Like

There useful for people who do not want to buy a bunch of new cables. They have their place if you have just 1 USB c device and a ton of micro USB… Wait if you have anything from Anker you will have micro USB cables so this will allow you to use it to charge your phone or other Usb-C devices

2 Likes

Definitely helpful if you only have a USB-A to USB-C cable laying around. The caveat being that you would need a charger or adapter that supports USB-C power output.

1 Like

The thing that makes them useful is that if you have a micro cable, but a phone with usb C, like this:

And you still want to use the cable, you can add the adapter onto the end like this:

Then you can use your sweet Anker cable that you paid $$ for, with your new USB C phone:

So paying $6.99 to change TWO of your Micro cables (which may have cost $15 together) to USB C saves you money over buying new USB C cables for even more money. Also, you then have ONE cable that is BOTH USB C and Micro B.

Also, I’ve measured these up to 15W and they keep up nicely. See that original post.

2 Likes

So these are great little additions to a travel kit, however with my Pixel 2 XL these will not allow you to fast charge since you need a USB-C to USB-C connection from a PD port to get the full speed of charging.

2 Likes

Yea I own them, they are pretty cool, the “problem” is that if the cable your are using isn’t able to handle the power of C, then adding this won’t really do much. By no means am I saying they are useless, I mean I own them, but I rarely use them but that is only because I have good Micro and C cables, so I don’t need them yet, also I don’t have many devices that charge Via C. but like in @ryandhazen pics, THAT type of Mirco cable Plus those adapters will make a difference since he is using a good cable in the first place. Here is another product that is more aimed towards faster Data speeds but it is the OTHER end for a cable https://www.anker.com/store/anker-usb-c-to-usb-3-0-adapter-female/A81750A1 . I do not have this but I do own this guy, which added with the other adapters from the OP, turns a cable into C-C https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerline-usb-c-to-usb-3-1-adapter/A8165011

2 Likes

Actually if you use this along with power IQ 2.0 then your phone will fast charge with this adapter provided your cable is sufficient

1 Like

Seconding @elmo41683 on this one. I metered and anker cable at those speeds with this adapter. Check out my review in the original post as well as benson leung’s

1 Like

I have like 4 or 5 of these laying around. They come in the box when you buy a Samsung phone. I’ve never used them though, I just decided to get USB C cables instead

1 Like

Nice deal, @ryandhazen! I typically use one of these adapters when I travel and need to charge my Chromebook from a regular USB charger in a pinch.

2 Likes

Thank you!
More cables -> more waste of resources. :slight_smile:
But less increase of profit.
How to handle this problem?

1 Like

I dont like adapters, personally. I have found over the years (particularly with sound/video) that additional adapters lessens the strength/quality of the signal.

I have gotten a couple of these, that came with stuff, but I’d rather the proper cable.

1 Like

I got a phone that had usb-c and didn’t know that when I bought it because I didn’t think to look into it, so I got a couple of these to use instead of just getting a new cable. I have to say that it worked great, a good firm connection and I could easily switch from usb-c to micro usb for my various devices. I would highly recommend everyone having at least a few of these at least until the switch to usb-c is complete, they make charging multiple types of devices quite simple.

A Pixel 2 XL will not register the Rapid Charging notification on the phone with the adapter setup. I just tested an Anker USB-A to Micro B with the Micro B to USB-C connection with Ankers new PowerPort II with Power Delivery with the cable in the IQ 2.0 port the phone will register Charging only.