Tax Refund Season

Look up prostaglandins :kissing_closed_eyes:

This is so true :weary:

How are you all guys doing with your tax filing, April 15th is fast approaching, next week is Tax Day!!!

Already done with tax in first week of Feb… Paid off my home in full
No debt now, both cars and house paid off :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome @kumar.sachin … congrats… I am filling it today… Not expecting anything great out of it :joy:

1 Like

That’s not usual! :slight_smile:
The more debts (mortgages) you have the more friendly you are treated by your bank!
But better is your state, free of debts of course! :wink:

2 Likes

Actually on average debt is profitable. The reason being is you’re taxed on assets you own arising out of debt until you sell, and if you use debt to fund income then your spread-out income is lightly taxed usually.

Where debt is bad is if you have no income arising either from the asset or no income in general.

If anything, you need lots and lots of debt, all spread out, so if any one of the assets goes into negative equity you simply walk away, and the other assets still deliver a return.

Or, in other words, if you get rich enough you can’t really lose money.

1 Like

Congratulations! I don’t have to file taxes because my dad files me as dependent on his and mom’s joint filing. Great advantage of being young :joy:

Be careful because if you make more than 3 grand a year you are still obligated to file your own taxes even if they claim you as a dependent

2 Likes

I still prefer the UK system, it is simpler. You do not by default ever have to file a tax return, you are taxed directly by the employer who is usually your only form of income. A smaller % of the population therefore have to file taxes.

1 Like

It was changed to 6k :joy::grin:

Congratulations! Very exiting to hear this! It’s a great accomplishment!

You sure the debt wasn’t from buying so much Anker stuff

No my debt was from the move and using my credit card to help offset cost until I got full-time at work

1 Like

I wish I made that kind of money :joy:. But in all seriousness, I don’t work part time. I used to but it was for easy semesters only

So much easier and less hassle.

A few of my friends who are into trade work are self employed and have to do tax returns - just means they get to claim back VAT on equipment and fuel etc.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing

Wtf?
:rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, let’s save cats…

I was waiting for the Namibian Prince punchline.

1 Like