Taking Charging To The Future

Thank you all for your patience and constructive feedback, we know we have some big shoes to fill. So thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the years, and likewise, thanks to those who have given us pointed feedback on all areas of the product.:blush:

1 Like

footer。。nice,,,,,,,,

15" so 87w needed.
Also not sure the usb c cable is capable of delivering power with enough amp?

Do you think this one will be able to?

1 Like

it is specified that it will not charge 87w mbp at full speed though.

2 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1 Like

People always ask me what the difference. Now j can send to this post. Very in depth and resourceful!

Yes, this is a good educational article.:sunglasses:

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Hi Folks at Anker…and others interested.

I have niticed the article in the past as I in early 2017 (privacy l8 2016) cake acties Anker products which claimed "Fully compatible with USB C’…
Now the first rest thought I had was…thats early.
Contacted Anker to request to remove the claims and the statements…because,…
Fully supporting ALL USB Type-C standard means…100Watts and USB Gen.3 = 10Gbit/s…This week I came back and STILL undespites requests the article was not rewritten…that bugged me out a lot.
(Nore has there been an proper edit or initial first post with link to new version of post…OR full replacement of new post in here with notice leading to view of the old one)
Yes, I am a heavy user of cables…but hey, CMON.
Lab test are not the samen as real.life and Anker needs to stop making claims the brand cannot properly test rigorously.
I love the producs…YES, I REALLY Dó.
But a Powerline+ with 10.000 bends lifespan…and ending up getting Anker reduce it to 6000 because mine lasted under 4000 bends…is poor.
Yes, an unusual intensive user I am indeed…but having a pile of cables wear out before end of the warrants of a battery…which with Anker is pitty to say the least. (I know I can ask for new ones, lifetime warranty has not been around forever…I also worked with Google Inc. developers like the owner and founder that worked there)
And claimed laser welding on plugs…which was debunked because that makes them nearly a solide piece which mine are not.
I am a geek, have welded over a km…and worked with laser welding development before the manual welding…17-20 year ago.

Besides that…PLEASE update the backend of the forum…

I managed forums, a total that must have been over 20 million users over time. (geek, researcher…did support which ended up as platform, and got 20-30K hours playtime on the Battlefield series…mostly on PC)
My experience…the last you wanna do…
Is spam as Administrator…or especially…have the need to do so for whatever reason.
Address the forum backend or get vBulletin…no limits…it supports WordPress, php(BB) AND many others.

Now USB-C;…FULL SUPPORT of USB C equals USB 3.1 Gen.2 and only can be utilized to its full potential with the Type-C to Type-C standard…which by now Anker has a couple products relesed on.
Not much…a short cable and that’s about it.
YES They DO have Type-A to Type-C USB products on 3.1 standard…Nice!

On there way…but a long way to go.

Now Anker here it comes…
nePlus has a battery/charging standard…which was taken and developed from ideas based upon open source claims that came along with the concept.
Thus was not allowed to be claimed upon rights of any kind other then defending the use of it with regards to open source…and keeping it open source…allowing EVERYONE to use it and improve it.
How and what it is?
It is a battery, BMS
and charging concept that NO ONE should EVER CLAIM.
*Battery Maintenance System.
Every battery(pack) exists of cells or at least, they All got layers…
One can wire up each individual layer up to each other…AND then het a balancing lead to each cell…
OR Charge each cell or pair of cells individually using a BMS system that allows balancing, monitoring and charging AND discharging each cell…
Downside is 1-5% weight increase and cost increase…
Upside is that it allows up to the 100Watts of charging the current USB-C standard allows…
Which means…cell layered thin and extreme high density batteries can in the long run exceed the USB-C Standard…
The unusual about this is…doing it right also requires MANY temperature sensors.
This way the terms can be monitored in many places AND at the same time maximize many things…
Lifespan, charging speed, maximum charge cycles…many in the long run.

Also…imagine up to 4 USB-C Ports on 1 battery pack within 2…maybe 3 years.
AND next to that…by then all ports allowing 60 Watts…at the least, not as minimum ofcourse…that should always be kept at the 50Ma bottom…
50Ma is enough for detection of any type of charger up to 250Watts at any voltage up to 240v.
Now…here is the deal…
PD 3…I handed you folks the USB association pretty much.
Now is the time to step up and go for the next chipset for devices with batteries…
Same as with the suggestions provided to Anker and/or Qualcomm…
How about MIMO…Battery technique development.
USB-C has gladly picked up on the provided concept and it is there…
Now it is time for portable power to evolve…
Same as with QC 3.0…and the upcoming QC 4.0
Allow ports dynamically to device usage of power in and out…
Same for at battery cell level…
Once that process is streamlined…the charging and discharging becomes the BMS Balancing at cell level.
The efficiency goes up once again, as well as the dis-charge rates and speeds.
Only REAL painfully downside would be that the BMS Chipset for this is weather expensive.
Develop it on a mass co-op FOR nothing other and less then the USB Standardization group.
Develop it together as a standard for the public…as a true Open Source standard with Rules and requirements.

Also…please contribute in the requirement from companies using USB standards…
For USB C I am referring to version mentioning as standardization…

Leading up to Type-A and Type-C mentioning as well as the version…AS MINIMUM REQUIREMENT.
AND using it means only wearing the Official USB Imagery as a seal of approval and licence IF maximum specs are met or exceeded.
…enforced by EVERYONE using them…
So 0.5-200 cents PER item sold for, licencing usage.
And WITH that creating a fence for malicious products…OR be enforced to remove the Official USB Imagery of EVERYTHING with related to the brand that is unlisted after warnings and court…disregarded if they showed up in court.
(On the limitation every brand should get more then enough space and time to show up and with 3 strikes of missed dates…before status failed to show in court is given and licencing is ripped away from under them)

This way…the USB standard will become top value again for the upcoming generations like HDMI is gaining ground due to Displayport…
In the end…on the long run HDMI and USB Type C to Type C Gen.3 in combo…could meet and exceed the WQUDH HDR 240FPS and Dolby Atmos standards(32Bits@384Hz up to 48 connections and 24 balanced speakers…ready for the next consumer audiophile standards)
Imagine…resolutions BEYOND 8K, UHD, WQUHD and latest Home Cinema standards and…
With up to 4 Balanced channels per speaker…up to 12 speakers…OR other end of spectrum (and anything between) 48 connections and 24 speakers)
And as for long cables the standard for the longest USB cables…Only highest voltages, on the next gen USB Type-C.
Once there are next gen USB Type-C standards and those have a Extreme-Cable-Length specifications standard…
Speakers…running of USB Type-C cables only…
From where USB Type-C on the next gen allows long distances with 0.1 - 0.5 latency…even with a repeater or 2…every device becomes multi purpose.
Imagine a AD network…
Achieving 100Gbit/s…in a room and over wireless(and wired) Lan.
That’s editing 8K 240PFS trough a live/streaming connection…
The more speakers or other devices…the more antenna points.
It’s like folks got now…many woreless/WiFi devices already supported…
But only since recently MESH networking is becoming a default…but there AGAIN ain’t a proper standard for it.
Thing is…majority of MIMO and MANY devices before that support usage of several wireless networks to be setups as on…an several devices and locations on a LAN network as well…

Meaning…every Wi-Fi device connected and bridged and properly setup…becomes an antenna point.
All of takes is a central point with preferably a (managed) Switch of powerful router for performance and stability reasons…
Any router or managed switch with a 15-50% overhead on performance and the setup will last a very long time…in any situation.
Ofthen seen on public WiFi open access points.

All together…more potential one could dream of…possibilities are limitless…
However…48Volts does have severe safety limits with the regards to maximum safe current levels at that voltage…
Thus limitely safe and usable for next gen USB. (A human could die or permanently damaged from 48 volts…but with chipsets in connectors this is easely avoided leading to the possibilities to travel longer lengths due to higher voltages on next gen USB Type-C with regards to long cables with and without repeaters)
Result is…high voltages in cabling…allowing longer lengths, and from a certain lengths the specs downgrade back to lower max dataspeeds and power provided from/to source without external power source. (like those connected to repeaters)…

Chips…hate to cut out like this…but I got too much to do to be able to finish, sry.
Anyhow, many things Anker has done and gotten right…keep that up!

Friendly greetings, best regards…Jimmy D

Dienst even had time treeview my writing…Sry cor the mess.

Yes definety