Soundcore Liberty Air... do they connect to multiple devices simultaneously?

Can you explain the method to pair 2 devices simultaneously?
I am not able to do that.

Based on other earbuds in the SoundCore range, if multiple device connections are not supported hopefully @elmo41683 can expand on this, you would need to either need to disconnect on one device so your other ‘paired’ device can auto connect or enter pairing mode before attempting to manually connect to the previous pair record…

1 Like

Once I had them paired to my phone, I turned the phones Bluetooth off and out the earbuds back into the case. I went on my laptop into Bluetooth setting and add device… Once it starts looking for device I took the earbuds out the case and then clicked on liberty air on the laptop when it popped up. I then turned my phone’s Bluetooth back on and reconnected to the liberty air from the list of previous connected devices. And voila I am able to watch movies on my laptop and take calls with my phone

3 Likes

But you need to disconnect from laptop and connect to phone each time you want to answer a call while watching a movie, for example… isn’t it?

No because it’s connected to both, if my phone rings I answer with the liberty air. Once the call is over I just hit play in my laptop to continue watching my movie or whatever I’m watching

1 Like

This is interesting. What phone are you using?
I am not able to replicate your method with my iPhone SE and Macbook Air

Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my 2013 macbook

Ah that’s why it’s not working for you, the iPhone se
is using an older Bluetooth standard that doesn’t allow multiport connection via Bluetooth. In other words it doesn’t allow two devices to be paired or connected at the same time

2 Likes

Was just about to post similar…BT and/or OS standards

Aha thats what i was thinking. Good to know that.

On a side note I found that someone posted on reddit that they can use the left earbud of air separately and that was true. It unpairs the connection between both earbuds and then left can be used independent of the right one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anker/comments/a4re4t/guide_how_to_use_liberty_air_left_earbud_on_its/

Unfortunately after doing this you cannot use it as a pair. To repair (hard reset) follow the instructions posted by anker on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2axDQn7ereg

1 Like

Yeah I been knew that but I don’t like telling people how to do it because they then get angry when it doesn’t pair together and they have to hard reset it

That’s perfect news! that’s exactly what I need: no need to connect and disconnect to use them with two different devices.

I’ll use them with a windows 10 laptop & Pixel 3. In case bt in my laptop is not compatible with multiple connections, I can upgrade bt as I’m using a usb dongle. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot. I’m going to buy them NOW.

3 Likes

So… I bought them this morning, I’ve just received them… and I have to say that they definitely CAN’T connect to more than one device simultaneously… I’ve got an android Google Pixel 3, some other older android devices, an iPhone 6s and a quite new Win10 VAIO laptop… The moment you connect the earbuds to any of them, you can’t connect any of the others…

@elmo41683, I’m quite curious how is it possible you can do it… Let me rephrase what I understood from your:

• You are connected to your mac, listening to music…
  • Then you receive a call in your Galaxy S9… Can you answer the call from your earbuds? Are you sure? Are you sure you don’t need to do anything in your S9 so you can talk through your earbuds?

For this to be possible, when they are connected to a device, you should be able to see them from other device, and then do the (second) connection… and that’s not the case. My current cheap Hollyhigh earbuds work this way. Even when you connect the second device you can hear a voice saying “second device connected”. BUT… the battery last less than 2 hours and they’re NEW.

I can, and I will return the Anker ones tomorrow, but it’s really a pity, because they sound really great, they’ve got good range, they’re comfortable, and also they’re definitely beautiful… but multiple connection is a must for me.

bye!

As a side note, I’ve checked bluetooth versions from both scenarios:

• Samsung Galaxy S9+ & Google Pixel 3 have both BT 5.0
  • Sony Vaio Pro 13 & Macbook (Pro and Air) 2013 have both BT 4.0

So BT versions are identical… This shouldn’t make a difference.

Just got these earbuds and found this thread. Has anyone gotten them to connect to multiple devices simultaneously? I had a Plantronics headset previously that I could connect to my laptop and phone simultaneously (as in it would play sound from both devices without me having to do any manual switching of what it was connected to), so I know my phone and laptop are both capable of this. Are these earbuds capable?

no these are not capable to connect to 2 devices

This worked perfectly! Thanks!

It will be connected with iPhone XS Max and Note 9 at the same time / simuntaneously?
Please reply. Tx

I cannot get them to pair to two devices (Galaxy S9 and 2019 Dell Latitude 7390). Doesn’t work like the way it was described above.

What I can do is pair one side to my phone and the other side to my laptop, but that would probably get confusing. At the end of the day, I’m just using my Liberty Air 2 for phone and using different headphones for video conferences, etc. on my laptop.

I have found a way to make it work for me. I like to have one bud connected to my work computer (conference calls and listening) and the other to my phone (music and personal calls).

After resetting the buds, I took out the left bud and paired my computer. I then walk away with the right earbud still in the case (and I mean like 100 yards because these things have great connectivity). When far enough away so that the left and right don’t sink to each other (keep putting it back in the case to reset if it does this), i pair the right earbud to the phone. Then walk back to my computer.

If I want one device to come through both, I turn the bluetooth off the one I don’t want. Put the non-playing bud back in the case. When I take it out they pair.

Unfortunately if I want to go back to one on each bud, I have to do the walk.

Hello!
I’ve tried your suggestion but it doesn’t work for me.
I have an Huawei P20 and an ASUS 430U laptop. With my ancient Anker SoundBuds I can have them connected to both equipments and work like you say, but I can’t do the same with Liberty Air 2.
Do you have any other tip?
Thanks