Soundcore Flare Plus

Looks very promising. Is it one tweeter or 2? I couldn’t tell

I agree! Loving my Flare and looking forward to both the Flare+ and Flare S+!

1 Like

I think it’s two. There are some additional pictures here.

There’s also a new user’s manual. Looks like you can activate a voice assistant too.

And the eighth note/d from the logo is now carved into the silicone mat on the bottom of the device.

2 Likes

I believe you can do this on most Anker speakers

1 Like

Maybe you can and I don’t know how to do it? I have an Anker Soundcore (the one that now retails for around $27), an Anker Soundcore Sport, and two Flares. I don’t think I’ve seen any way to activate a voice assistant on them, but I could be wrong.

Hold down :arrow_forward: button for >2 seconds to activate voice assistant. Google assistant or Siri​:wink:

2 Likes

EDIT: You are giving me instructions for the FLARE+ which no one can buy yet. And no Alexa there.

So no, I don’t have an Anker speaker that can connect to a voice assistant. Apparently. :laughing: Why are people upvoting that when it’s for a speaker no one can buy yet?

The same instructions apply to other speakers and can be found in their corresponding manuals. Try it.

1 Like

Maybe just maybe if you had a phone with Alexa built in like the HTC U11 but I wouldn’t bet any Scooby Snacks on it.

2 Likes

I tried it. The Flare can connect to Google (maybe also Siri but I’ve no way to test that). Not to Alexa. The one I actually use and is a market leader.

No beans on the Soundcore and no option to even try it on the Soundcore Sport.

I have a Samsung GS7, which some people are apparently going to call an unusual phone despite its ubiquity.

So again, among the Anker speakers I own, this is not available on most. Maybe it is on the ones you own. It won’t connect to the only voice assistant I use on the speakers that do offer it if you have a Samsung phone, which is not an unusual Android brand of phone or an unusual phone.

2 Likes

@RuhRoh
There is a way to get Alexa voice assist to work the same way google does and siri.
Just download the Amazon Alexa app via the Google Play Store. You can then go to Settings > Apps > On the top right, click on the three dots> Select Default Apps > Assist & voice input. Then choose Alexa as your voice assistant and anytime you que it up via voice, speaker, headphones or whatever you choose she will be right there

2 Likes

Great tip, Thanks for sharing :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Does it work hands free?

Depends on how you have your phone set up.

Okey, please open your wallet!:joy:

1 Like

My wallet is ready, release it already!

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial what happened, it disappeared from amazon? Any samples to try?

They were all pre-ordered already. I’m sure they will have more stock soon.

Got my Flare+ yesterday. Was also able to connect it with my original Flare. The app allows you to put it in Stereo mode (which is not ideal since the speakers sound different in terms of quality) or Boost mode. Boost mode simply connects the two speakers to play music at the same time rather than in stereo.

2 Likes

I was expecting that due to such a large difference in specs and speaker driver’s but it still a cool feature.

1 Like