Soundcore by Anker Announces Alexa-Enabled Flare S+ Speaker

Probably not. If it sounds better than an Echo, is waterproof and portable, then it’s filling a hole in the Echo array. Pricing seems to be in line with other Alexa-enabled portable speakers that it’s trying to compete against, and the Flare S+ has some features that competitors lack.

And there will likely be many sales. I’d be surprised if there aren’t opportunities to pick up for around $100.

2 Likes

I do not know if this is true, but Flare S+ is advertised at 16 hours of playtime vs 20 for Flare+, so charging your phone would be more realistic with Flare+, but possible either way.

The Flare S+ will not support stereo pairing. Otherwise, the two devices appear virtually identical aside from the aforementioned difference in battery life.

1 Like

Can Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home Exist on the same speaker device? This way I can order stuff and listen to some music from Amazon and then turn around and ask Google for facts, music and more.

Haven’t seen or heard of one, but I suppose it might be possible.

Just curious if anyone knows if each company would prevent this or not

Well considering google and Amazon aren’t getting along right now I doubt they would allow both to work on the same device

True, but a frankenstein style speaker would be great. Maybe one day

Ouch, seems like a silly move @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

You can make one out of a raspberry pi.

Apparently it involves a limitation with Alexa…

@joshuad11
What do you mean? It’s been a few months since I watched to video.

I have the worst timing. I had an UE Megablast because I wanted Alexa in my speaker but ended up getting rid of it cause it wasn’t worth it. Just picked up the normal flares and here’s an announcement for Alexa enabled ones lol

1 Like

I have overlooked this.

NO STEREO PARING!:angry:

This is not a wise decision ANKER!

1 Like

Unless you could turn off the mic on one Flare S+ when they are paired, two Flare S+ speakers would normally be used too close together for the Alexa ESP to determine which speaker should be responding to Alexa commands. Or perhaps the Flare S+ doesn’t have ESP (don’t think the Eufy Genie does?).

And currently, I believe Amazon only does multi-room (which is essentially multi-speaker) playback on Echo and Sonos devices.

Not sure if there are other hurdles with Alexa that would prevent pairing. Wonder if the ModelZero will have similar issues if used with Google Assistant.

1 Like

I probably would also have waited for the S+ instead of getting two Flares if I’d known Alexa would be included.

It does now

Must be

1 Like

Oh! They need to update the product page then!

I wish they would let some of the trusted community members administrate their sites to update products or just make it more of a priority and hire another person.

3 Likes

The eufy Genie does actually have ESP! It was added in a software update shortly after launch.

Edit: Just saw that @Jesse_Hernandez1 already pointed that out.

1 Like

Now at FCC so weeks off.

4 Likes