Soundcore Boost Reset?

Hi I’ve tried to find out how to reset the speaker but cannot seem to find anything. It doesn’t say anything in the booklet and what I’ve found online doesn’t appear to do anything.

Hi @benfoster42 Is there a particular reason you need to complete a reset? You should be able to perform a soft reset by pressing and holding the power button for 4 seconds when in a powered off state. A hard reset can be completed by pressing the power button and bass up button (so I’ve read)…

1 Like

I keep thinking the sound doesn’t sound quite right - can’t quite put my finger on it but wanted to satisfy my mind by resetting it. I understand firmware can be updated (probably unrelated) but am I right thinking it needs hooking up to a laptop etc to do this?
Thank you for your help here @ndalby :slight_smile:

Ps probably wrong place to ask this, but do @AnkerOfficial make a Bluetooth receiver which can be used say in a car which doesn’t have Bluetooth tech? Can’t say I’ve seen anything and if not it would be a cool thing for them to maybe make some day?!

Doing the firmware update is a good idea for stability and general fixes but yes this needs to be done via computer/laptop…

As for the car BT options…there are a few FM BT options in Anker’s lineup or you could even use the SoundSync A3341 if the car has an aux input port…

Thank you so much again for your help here! I might try update firmware tomorrow on the speaker…

With regards to the Bluetooth - would any of those you mention be particularly best for playing music from my iPhone through the car stereo? There is an aux port and a few USB ports. The car just has radio/cd and usb but playing music via usb is frustrating as it doesn’t like the folders etc music is organised into - our other car has no issue but this one (a Kia Venga) really doesn’t like it!

I would go with the following as even though the FM ones are good, you could have interference when crossing between regions with similar radio frequencies…

Brilliant! That was the kind of device I’d previously been looking at but I’d not come across an Anker one - glad to know there is one as that’ll be my choice! Thank so much again for your excellent help here! Cheers :smile: