Soundcore 2 strange pumping in some songs?

In some songs thereā€™s a strange pumping effect; low notes go to high notes really suddenly and its quite distracting. Im assuming this is due to an aggressive limiter or am I the only one with this problem?

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve noticed anything myself. Could you post a video showing the issue?

I dont think it can translate well on video as i dont have a good microphone. The issue is noticeable however

I heard the anker select doesnt have this issue though. I wonder if anker will be able to replace my 2 with a selectā€¦even though i bought it off amazon uk

The SoundCore 2 / Select are the same speaker, just a mix up with the model names. It might be best if you reach out to support@anker.com to assist further and replace your speaker, if needed.

They are the same speaker but I heard the select has a better limiter therefore this issue doesnt exist on the select

As far as I am aware they have the same internal hardware, just external branding on a few models was listed as select. Perhaps @AnkerOfficial can confirm this?

Hi @sound_guy, I just pass your problem with anker support team, they will contact you soon by email to solve your issue. As @ndalby said, they are almost the same speakers. But Soundcore select will only focus on offline market. If you still have some questions, you can also reach out to support@anker.com to request more help. :sunglasses:

Does that mean the speakers are the same but in the shops they are Select and online they are SoundCore 2ā€™s? Seems a tad confusingā€¦

They are almost same, but select has NFC function while Soundcore 2 hasnā€™t.:sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve must have looked at several reviews of the SoundCore 2 and each time I missed that when comparing to the initial Select release :blush: Any particular reason why it was dropped?

Time for more :coffee:

There hasnā€™t been an email sent to me yetā€¦

Hey, my colleague is writing email now! Thanks for your patience! :grin:

Thanks man!

I just bought two Anker Soundcore 2. One for me and one for my parents. Iā€™m having the same problem on both of them. Sound jumping up and down. Itā€™s like thereā€™s some kind of ā€œlimiterā€ that lowers the volume when it gets to high, and then raises it when it gets to low. And it doesnā€™t matter if I play it on 3/15 volume or 10/15. Itā€™s really making it impossible for me to listen to any music actually. I would love to make a recording and send to you somehow. Please email me at [mod edit: removed personal info]. I got the Ankers of Amazon.co.uk.

Hi @Marcus_Malmsten,
Would you please email your Amazon order number to support@anker.com with a description of your issue and the sound file? They will be happy to assist you with this! Thank you!

Done and done!

1 Like

You are not alone Marcus! I wonder if thereā€™s a faulty batch or somethingā€¦ My second anker soundcore 2 still has the audio fluctuation issue

Good to hear Iā€™m not the only one! I decided between the Boost and the Soundcore 2 and landed on the Soundcore due to the battery life. Wouldnā€™t mind changing to the Boost, just as long as the problems doesnā€™t affect the Boost too!