Slow charging Anker Powercore speed 20100 PD

Yesterday I bought an Anker Powercore speed 20100 PD to use on my upcoming vacation. I connected the a Quickcharge 3.0 charger via a USB power meter but I could not reach anything above 5.14v and 0.45A.

I used an Aukey 4 port quick charge 3.0 adapter and tried several high quality cables, Aukey, Anker, original Samsung Note 9 cable etc but to no avail.

Than I switched chargers, some original Samsung adaptive fast chargers, Blitzwolf quickcharge 3.0 and normal 2.4A output chargers but still no charge current higher than 0.45A and voltages higher than ±5v.

Is my Powercore defective?

Thanks for any help provided!

This powerbank should charge faster with a PD charger. Below are the input specs. QuickCharge 3.0 and PD are different charging protocols so I don’t believe you’ll see a QuickCharge 3.0 charger use a voltage other than 5V when recharging this power bank. (QuickCharger 4.0 increases compatibility between QuickCharge and PD.)

Now, the regular 2.4A charger should be going higher than 0.45A. Just curious at what charge level is the PowerCore at? If it’s close to full (say, above 80% or so), it is normal for the amperage to slow down and it will trickle charge.

PD Input: 5V=3A, 9V=3A, 15V=2A, 20V=1.5A

3 Likes