Robovac Vibrating Noise

Those hints are very helpful for us all!
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Is there any lubricating foreseen ? Like silicon or vaseline ?

No, wouldn’t do that! :fearful:

I would grind it, that’s all.

Lubrication would cause a “real mud” there with all the debris at the brush…

Yeah definitely wouldn’t do any lubricating. $20 in parts will fix it.

Ok. That means: the brush rotates in the guard without lubrication. But with dirt, which sands the brush guard …Sounds strange to me :astonished:

The end of the brush is supposed to spin freely. Mine had resistance which may have been the cause. The brush probably would have fixed it without replacing the guard.

1 Like

So that means: the ends of the brush are in a kind of bearings ? That would make sense.

We had the same problem with our Eufy today. We googled a solution and found some ppl put a small piece of duct tape on the part of the roller brush that fits into the square opening. I used electrical tape and it worked like a charm! It’s fixed for now but will still contact Anker support for a permanent solution.

1 Like

my eufy keeps making a grinding noise when it hits or bumps against the wall . i can’t stand it. someone help me with it .

Have you checked if the middle brush is turning perfectly,
May be the free end of the brush is scratching.
This issue was published when such kind of noise has been shown up.

Hi

Can anyone show pictures of how they used tape to stop the noise or any other solutions would be appreciated, the clicking noise is doing my head in

Same problem. Put one tiny strip of clear packing tape 3/4 the way around the little square part to make it tighter, and then one piece on the end (not around) on the big side. No more rattle! Yeah!

2 Likes

SOLVED: For rattling on hard surface floors, AND you’ve cleaned everything and put it back together right, it means your brush and/or brush guard is worn out. The tape trick mentioned above usually works temporarily, if not it means the brush guard is worn. In my experience a new brush and/or brush guard will solve the noise.

I have a couple of these vacs (model 25C, a walmart only model that is nearly identical to the 15C) and they run daily.

I clean them weekly and replace the brush when the vibration starts and the brush guard when the rubber strip falls off or it starts the vibrating noise and replacing or taping the brush doesn’t work. I get about 3 months of use from a brush and 6 from the brush guard. I replace the side brushes as-needed (about every other month) and the filters monthly. Have had them both about a year and no problems so long as you clean and replace parts as-needed. I use generic parts from Amazon, they seem be as good as OEM.

I sure hope I dont have to replace these parts THAT often … In comparison, it took 2 years for my old Roomba 680 brush to wear out. The brush guard was never replaced after 4 years of service. Even more so, the brush guard is not in stock anywhere, not even amazon (de). The filter would last at least a year before I deemed it disgusting (with a 2-week rinsing cycle). The Eufy has a “HEPA” filter which of course needs to be replaced every so often as you cannot wash it, I totally understand that. But every month seems rather excessive to me. I take it out every week and give it a good vacuum. It’s still discolored of course from trapping all the fine dust, but it still works.

My 11S (old Willy) is about 2 years old now.
Works daily.
I had to replace nothing.

I glued one rubber lamelle (slat) of the middle brush only.
That was all.
Of course I do care about and clean it always after work.

1 Like

Ah that’s good to know! All I can compare it to is my old Roomba, as I haven’t had any other robot vacuums :slight_smile: It just seems a tad excessive changing filters every month and the main brush every 3 months. But so far I am loving the 11s, ultra quiet and cleans like an absolute boss.

1 Like

You can brush this “filter” and blow out the dust from.
By brushing the filter gets perfect to hold back the dust.
(NEVER wash it!)

Works perfectly!
A little bit more care about and work, but a pensioner has really a lot of time! :smiley:

Does yours have a nickname?
We have here
Astroboy, duchess, Mary and old Willy!

1 Like

I give it a good vacuum/clean once a week, including the filter. I haven’t named it yet, it’s only been with us for 2 weeks now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for those that figured out the noise problem. In my case, quiet on carpet, but noisy on wood floors. After thorough cleaning didn’t help, I just swapped out the roller brush and that fixed the problem.
I actually had a spare roller brush from a filter replacement kit I ordered long ago, so I guess I’ll order another one.

There is a little wheel at the free end of the middle brush.
Put some tape around so its fixed in that open cage and try it again.
This helps often