Roav Viva - Spotify no more

Spotify support appears to have been removed from the Roav Viva, anyone else being told this by their Viva when asking for Spotify tracks today?

Thread title and section updated for better response.

@Geraint_Pickavance There was something mentioned on Reddit about the latest firmware reporting ‘Spotify will be supported at a later date’ and that it possibly may be getting rolled out by regions. You would be best dropping support@goroav.com an email to see if this is the case…

2 Likes

If u r nt ios n everything is working fine. Dun update the latest firmware. Will tat help to keep the spotify :stuck_out_tongue:

is there a way to rollback the firmware?

Same thing happened on my Eufy genie when I updated the firmware, I hope Anker fixes these problems soon.

1 Like

Apparently the Spotify support (which had very limited functionality) was only in the beta stage, I got a message through my Viva app to say that the Spotify beta support had been removed and they hope to provide support again soon. I wish I knew this up-front, I asked through chat on the Viva page whether Spotify was now supported and I was told that it was, I wasn’t told that it only gave you very basic functionality and that it would only be available for a short period of time, on the basis of being told that “yes Spotify support was now provided” I ordered my Viva from the US (I live in the UK), and overall including postage and taxes it cost me around $75.

2 Likes

@Geraint_Pickavance Thank you so much for letting us know this issue. Yes, Spotify Beta has ended. We are working constantly on optimizing this function and release the full version at a later date.
If you have further issue, please feel free to email us at support@goroav.com. We are always here to help.

2 Likes

This is the main reason I bought the ROAV. I have a spotify account.
If I connect an echo dot in my car using tethering on my phone, spotify works without issue.
With ROAV controlling apps in my phone, spotify is not an option.
echo dot was only 29.00 and has full functionality.
ROAV was 50.00 and seems to be limited and also has frequent network disconnects which don’t occur with the dot when tethered.
Please let us know when this becomes available.
Listening to random shuffles from artists on Amazon Music compared to Spotify is not favored.

I do love the navigation capability though which is not possible with the “dot” as far as I know.

1 Like

I just purchased my Roav Viva and received it today. So far I am very impressed! Good job Anker/Roav! Although all of the demos and reviews said it had Spotify support and that was my primary reason for buying one for my car to replace my Echo Dot. It has been almost 4 months since this thread was active and still no word on Spotify support? I am starting to think that Amazon forced Roav to pull Spotify support in order to promote Amazon Music and it will not be restored. (Just as Amazon does not support music services on DIY Alexa units built on a Raspberry Pi etc.) Sadly, I may be returning my Roav and letting people know in my review that Spotify doesn’t work.

Any word on a fix for Spotify 3.5 months later @AnkerSupport ?

I too purchased a Roav Viva specifically to be able to use Spotify hands-free. I’d like an update as the timeframe for a fix, or I’ll be looking to return it.

I have contacted Roav support and this is their reply i have received today.

"Dear Marian ,

Thanks for contacting Roav.

We are glad to hear that you are interested in Spotify beta test. But we regret to inform you that the Spotify beta test ends a few days ago. Sorry about that. On the Spotify road, we have tried every effort to make it from an outline to reality and to improve it according to the feedback from customers who tested the beta APP. The fact is that the Spotify function needs to be authorized by Amazon before its official launch. We are so sorry to hear that it didn’t make it through the Amazon authorization. But we are still working on improving our VIVA and there will be more functions on it. If you are interested in it, please keep an eye on it!

If you have any question about our product, please feel free to let us know. We will assist you in a timely manner.

Have a nice day!

Best regards.
Reference Ticket#REMOVED if contacting a CSR
Dora

Roav Customer Support Engineer

If you don’t feel satisfied with our response then please click this link to escalate the ticket. A member of our management team will get back to you within 24 hours (Mon-Fri).

On this basis, I am not sure what is the reason for keeping the product. I think it is going back