Roav Dashcam - Mount

Bought Roav Dashcam C2 Pro - upgrades from Dashcam C1. Want to remove the mount from windshield which attaches with the 3M sticker, it’s pretty hard / sticks very strong to windshield glass, and replace it with auction mount for C2 Pro.

Is there a way to remove the mount without damage to the mount or windshield

Please let me know, thanks!

I have removed my old one by soaking it with Windex and then used a razor blade to slide under it. The 3m tape gets ruined but doesn’t leave behind any residue when done this way

3 Likes

I tried using clorox wipes on edges, it’s so strong, it may damage the mount :frowning: or glass, will try the Windex option

I never had to remove any mount from a windshield but I’d use some cleaning product. If not, going to Lowe’s and look for something strong, I’m sure you can find some adhesive removers

1 Like

I like the new suction mounts from Roav than the previous 3M sticker attached mounts, gives flexibility to move Dashcam , change position as required for better capture. Checking on Windex option, else then try adhesive removers

Good luck, hope the Windex can get it done :+1: you can give your windshield a nice cleaning since you are at it :joy:

1 Like

Try Goo Gone. It usually removes adhesives pretty well. I haven’t had to remove mine from my dashcams yet though.

1 Like

Yes, I was gonna recommend googone as a last resort because it will damage your dash and stuff if your not careful

1 Like

Turn on defrost for a few minutes to heat things up, or use a hairdryer.
Spray with windex and use a plastic putty knife and it will come right off

1 Like

@Tank that did it! worked, got the mount off, and all good.

thank you @ikari04warrior @bill_rae @Nhi for your inputs!

Glad you got it off :thumbsup:

1 Like

Glad you got it off, score one for Windex

1 Like

I still want to get one of these

1 Like

I have two questions…I literally just bought a C1 Pro. I opened the box and put the camera onto the mount to see how it fit before I installed it. Now I can’t get the mount off the back of the camera…What’s the trick??

I really wanted a suction mount, so any update on that issue, and if so, where to get it??

1 Like

slide the camera to the right, holding mount still

1 Like