Roav C1 Pro Dashcam Watermark

I tried to turn off the speed watermark only but not the date and time, without a success. Not sure if there is an option i might have missed or there is any firmware or software update which allowed this?

Thanks!

As far as I am aware (based on my C1 knowledge) the watermark elements are as a whole, so it’s all hard-coded to the video file or not at all depending on your watermark on/off setting…could be wrong for the C1 Pro but it would seem weird fragmenting their software core…

2 Likes

On my pro its as @ndalby stated it’s either all there or not at all. Unless of course I’m missing something too

1 Like

Yeah I would prefer to have date and time only just in case I am a bit too fast :wink:

1 Like

As far as I know, it’s all or nothing.

1 Like

“I was travelling at the speed limit officer, check my dash cam … oh wait I somehow turned that setting off - MY BAD” :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Turn off the gps

Gps speed on most dashcams is so bad anyway, that it does not matter. It does show real speed when you are driving longer distances with steady speed, but when you actually need it, like in roundabouts or intersections, there is quite a delay and the speed you clearly see on the video does not match at all to the gps-data that is shown. It might be possible to use acceleration sensors to to fix it, but as far as i know, it has not been implemented in C1 pro. Back in the day, some navigation devices (or at least marketing for those) stated that its possible to keep track of your location in tunnels etc places where gps signal was lost with acceleration sensors. I have not seen it happen myself, so cant be sure if it has ever really worked.

There is one problem though about the “watermark” that affects me, or most of the world actually. Speed on the watermark seems to always be in miles, but most of the world has been using km/h for over a century :wink: When watching files directly in the app, speedometer does show km/h, but it does still show mph for a little while when you start the video. Its really easy to notice when there is some problems with wifi and everything happens really slowly.