Roav Bolt w/Google Asst Review on 9to5google

Found this interesting review of new Roav Bolt with Google Assistant on 9to5google.com
May be a good start for those on the fence… whether to go for it and give it a chance or wait few more days to see the response.
https://9to5google.com/2019/04/24/anker-roav-bolt-review/

Read on and post what you think?

6 Likes

interesting overview of this product. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice find!

1 Like

Nice article, so basicaly if you have Android then go buy this NOW, avoid if you have iOS. Results I can live with

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, read the article. iOS is still in Beta and hope it comes out to general release soon.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this article

1 Like

Nice article, but I agree, iOS stay away, like me.

1 Like

My car has Apple Play built in, so I use Siri occasionally to find and get direction to few places while I am driving, or call my wife.
So, Anker has to make a ROAV Bolt with SIRI integration in the future? is that even possible? why not, if I can activate siri on my car infotainment, it can be done with a ROAV too…

I’ve been using the Roav Viva for a few months and I do like it but I think its limited. It can’t operated spotify and it can’t voice complete a text and send it and it can’t read it (at least for me it can’t) where as, I can say Hey Google and I get what I want.

Even though we both Alexa and Google assistants in our home, I think Google Assistant is more useful at the moment and I think the Bolt will be a more useful option in a vehicle. I’m planning on getting one of these to test out and if its as useful as I think it will be.

1 Like

During all this - found a cool trick with Siri and Google Assistant, you can actually trick siri into invoking Google Assistant and completing the task… the Keyword is bit annoying, but it does the trick on iPhone… Hey Siri, Google… :smiley:

2 Likes

We should let them talk to each other for sometime :joy:

There’s a YouTube video if someone who did that in an endless loop

2 Likes

I was actually looking for something similar, but not sure which was the best…This is funny :joy:

good article :thumbsup:

1 Like

Good article. Nice thing to know since I wasn’t gonna buy one to find out :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, this is why we need good reviews, reviewers and of course readers :grin:

1 Like