Roav Bolt to release on Monday? ... My experience with Roav Bolt!

Thanks for updating us on your experience. I think this is Roav’s fault just as much as it is Google’s.

Any android users? I’ve had mine for a couple of days and it’s only picked up my voice once. It feels like I got a bad unit perhaps? Anyone else notice this? I can push the button and it will read my notifications and say the time, but it doesn’t recognize okay google/hey google. If I long press the button, it also does not chime for me to speak. It applied a firmware upgrade on first boot.

I tried to long press 12 seconds for it to “reset” but get the same result. I tried with the google assistant app installed and without it installed on my phone (samsung s6 edge+).

any ideas? or should I return?

After lot of testing / trial and errors, unpaired the Roav Bolt completely from iPhone, removed from Google Assistant (latest version 1.5.8306 ). Tried the setup fresh, paired well. Seeing improvement now, the delay has gone down to 1-2 seconds, after I complete the command, i hear the google sound “ding” and then response from Roav Bolt / Google Assistant via Bluetooth paired to my Car audio system.

So, iOS for Roav Bolt is still in Beta, but things seem to be improving :slight_smile:

1 Like

Delays are back… Lights just come up, blink and go away… sent a video to Roav support… keeping it for next 2 days and then making a call to return it for good… :pensive:

1 Like

Finally… called it a day, returned the Roav Bolt… will revisit Bolt sometime in future.

From all of this, had a positive - found the cool trick to use Siri with Google Assistant - cool trick on iPhone. Not as good as the actual experience but useable.

1 Like

Mines insainly slow also. Sometimes I sing songs to it. There usually nice sounding songs with foul language. This seems to make me happy. The problem is like 30 seconds later it comes up as listening. That usually just makes me angry again.

I too faced exact same issue, delays. Would suggest to open a case with support@goroav.com - they would provide options to overcome the issue, or most probably they will send a replacement Roav Bolt.

Do let us know how it goes.

I returned mine today. I’m more then happy with my mute anker pd car charger.

Glad you are happy, I can relate to that feeling :joy:

Did you ever open a case with Anker support?

I had a case going on with Anker Roav Support, but planned to return the thing since I was not going anywhere with Bolt plus limited time on return with BestBuy

I didnt bother only opened a request to cancel my preorder. I’m sure it will eventually work. Anker is a good company with good products overall. I rent cars weekly. Figured this was a good easy way to get voice into rental cars. Bestbuy is only 15 days on some products. Bestbuy took mine back no issues.