Recharging Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD 20100mAh Powerbank

I recharge the Powerbank with Anker PowerPort 5-Port USB C and 1 PD.
No problem.
it is possible to recharge it with “normal chargers” (normal USB-Port)?
If so, what kind of cable do I need?
USB -> USB-C-PD ?

1 Like

Hi @fhassm I tried it, you can try it with a normal 5V >=0.5A charger ( you will not get more than 0.5 A and 5v with a normal charger, except in the future with quick Charge 4.0) it will need more than 20 hours , it need very long … and not all charger can Charge it.
A normal USB to c cable will Work.
I recommend you continue to take the Power delivery charger to get a charging time of about 4 hours.

4 Likes

Hi @fhassm,

Thank you very much for bringing up your concern via the community and thanks a lot for the reply from @pauldey which is very helpful.

It’s correct that you can use a USB to USB-C cable to charge the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD with a normal wall charger. But it will take forever to charge it up. Therefore, we usually recommend our customer to charge up the battery with a PD wall charger such as MacBook 29W adapter or MacBook Pro 61W or 87W adapters.

I hope this is helpful. If you need any further assistance, you can email us via support@anker.com.

All the best to you in 2018!

1 Like

Hello pauldey,
Thank you for the quick answer.
The ANKER’s specification describes this “slow charging”
but they don’t talk about the type of cable which is needed.

All the best for you in 2018!!!

Franz

1 Like

Hello ,
There is another suggestion I have!
I got the Powerbank and there were two cables added.
USB -> USB-micro and USB-C-pd -> USB-C-pd.
I think everybody has a lot of these USB -> USB-micro cables,
One more is quite redundant :slight_smile
Why not adding such a USB -> USB-C-pd cable?
This would be much more useful.
Just my idea.

All the best for the ANKER-support team in 2018

Franz

Hi @fhassm because you Charge a Typ c device with the c to c cable and all other devices with the other cable. You need No more cable.
(If you want to charge the Power bank with an normal Wall charger you need the USB to c cable)
Power Delivery is Just with an usb c to c cable and some Power Delivery cable Support Up to 100W. But with an USB to c cable not and you don’t have the Speed Like with a c to c PD cable.

1 Like

Hello Paul,
I know. I talk about recharging the power bank, if you don’t have such a pd-charger.
There are different offers from AMAZON GERMANY and AMAZON US. The offer of AMAZON US includes a pd-charger. The offer of AMAZON GERMANY doesn’t. I was writing a review of this power bank.
An the problem showed up when users were asking how to recharge this power bank without such a pd-charger.

best regards

Franz

1 Like

Hello people!,
I recently bought the powercore speed 20000 PD and i want to buy a suitable charger to charge it up in 4 hours. I’m wondering if the powerport 5 (or 5+) with 1 PD can charge it up so quickly? Currently i’m charging the powercore with my usb-a to usb-c standard charger of the LG V30 (which is a “fast charger” 9.0V-1.8A and 5.0V-1.8A). Which takes hours/days to charge it :’(

Kind regards,
Kobe

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Australia and here the PowerCore 20000 speed PD doesn’t come with the PD charger. Rather then having to buy a PD charger i would rather use my standard USB 5V 2A charger and just buy a USB-A to USB-C cable. Will it charge at 2A fine and therefore fully charge in 10hrs? Or is there an amp charge limit if charging from USB-A?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Can anybody confirm that it works with a regular charger? I tried a multitude of 5V 0.5A/1A/2.1A and 4.5A chargers but the LEDs will not turn on. It only works with the Nintendo switch adapter.

Thanks!

1 Like

TO be clear: I just want to know if this is by design or that the charger is just broken. LEDs turn on when using a Switch power adapter and the used chargers do work with my mobile phone. So nu such thing as broken cable.

Is the charger expecting some data on the USB C port?

1 Like