Ravpower 365 day cam copy of Evercam on Kickstarter

It’s probably the same factory producing them as well :laughing:

Can see a few comments ala Samsung :copyright: Apple :copyright: Samsung wash, rinse, repeat :grin:

2 Likes

I got an email from kickstarter boasting about this thing, I just laughed it off

1 Like

Wonder how big the battery is the cam looks way smaller.

2 Likes

Probably the same as the EufyCam, perhaps 0.50 up or down

1 Like

RAVPower/VAVA are two brands of a handful that are under Sunvalley Group. Anker is its own beast, but yes, I’m sure they are sure the same factories.

I like all these new cams but I wish they would all work together. Every new cam seems to only work with a companion proprietary app.

1 Like

Anker all day every day​:sunglasses::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m starting to see a ton of tech products from different companies all looking similar but with different branding.

I’ve even noticed a few products that look like Anker products but are clearly not.

1 Like

They are both awesome looking cameras. It will be very interesting to see how they stack up compared to each other.

The Ravpower one has that funky futuristic look about it which I dig.

1 Like

Reminds me of the man hunting Drone from Oblivion. Not a good sign😂

2 Likes

9 Likes

This is all I have to say: Hahahahahaha!!

Rav can do their thing, we’ll do ours. Lol.

4 Likes

I got an email offering me one. I do not own the Evercam so I wouldnt be able to compare the two. :man_shrugging:t2:

The same Kickstarter email? Or beta testing?
Send it to me :grinning::grinning::joy: I plan on buying a few evercams when they are available and would be happy to do a comparison.

A few lower quality cams never hurt to cover blind spots.

I’m hoping the Evercam will be compatible with the Tinycam pro app. I have been using Tinycam pro to monitor/record my cams from different manufacturers, old phones set up to be ip cams, fujicam, foscam, tp-link ect. It works great and has allowed me to stitch together a pretty impressive security system for relatively cheap.

1 Like

I also received the same email :joy:

1 Like

I took it. I dont see Eufy offering free ones :joy: not to the regular consumer atleast.

No it was an email from their marketing team. I do not believe I can share it. Tons of disclaimers attached to the email. :man_shrugging:t2:

No worries enjoy your new toy.

3 Likes

Now here is one big difference between the Evercam and the Vava aside from the obvious shape. I like that you have that option to add a solar panel. I have most of my cameras in high places despite only having to climb a ladder once a year to recharge. Id rather only do it once and be done. :wink:

1 Like

That’s actually fairly common practice. It’s called White Label - as in, print-your-own-brand. Think of a Chinese factory pushing out thousands of products without label, to be purchased by another companies who will, then, put their own brands and market the product. You can find both complete trash products to high-quality ones, and everything in between. Sometimes, a company will add a service to the product, creating a quasi-new product - like WyzeCam.

It seems that, if Anker used this method in the past, it’s no longer doing it. I’ve been noticing the care in the design of Anker’s latest products - sister brands included.

Of course, some times there’s also just plain and simple imitation, design copies and fakes. Any time you see something that resembles a high-profile company with another brand, it’ll be one of the three.

2 Likes