Quick Review: Soundcore Flare

Check out this review on my Instagram, Amanda Reviews It!

Simply put, the SoundCore Flare bluetooth speaker is a dream to use. Stands out when you want it to, blends in when you don’t, and pumps out audio flawlessly.

I did notice that it appears as though the sound is slightly muffled from the front of the speaker and is clearer from the sides, but this doesn’t affect overall sound quality at all. Sitting absurdly close to the speaker, it’s slightly obvious that the speakers are perhaps situated facing the sides of the speaker. Nevertheless, it does create 360-degree sound. I always have the “Bass Up” feature enabled–you can do this from the app or the physical button on top–as this is when the speaker really stretches its legs. Bass is delightfully thumpy without sounding aggressive.

The dedicated power button is a welcome feature, rather than having to mash a mutli-function button to get the speaker turned on. However, using the singular Play button is kind of confusing when trying to skip tracks. Take it from me, hang onto the included directions, as they state just how to navigate music using the Play button.

The SoundCore app is a great addition, but to be honest, I rarely used it. It is nice to be able to select the patterns of the LED ring, but the speaker pairs with your mobile device so seamlessly that you really won’t have to rely on the app for any functionality. Speaking of which the LED light ring, it’s a slick feature that draws the perfect amount of attention. If it’s not for you, you can easily turn it off using the button at the top. The Flare can stand out or blend in easily, whichever you choose. Oh, I almost forgot to mention: it’s water-resistant, so go nuts and bring this thing to the pool with you.

Overall, the SoundCore Flare bluetooth speaker is a no-brainer. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 and a permanent spot in my tech arsenal–I love this thing!

com-resize

6 Likes

Great review! I love the water gif!

2 Likes

Great review and the gif looks good!

The Flare looks best when water is involved…

One question… since it’s a round speaker, Where’s the front?

I’m itching to get a pair, just waiting for a sale and these reviews keep feeding the need.

Nice review! the Flare gif is simply brilliant… :ok_hand:

had a question on the Soundcore App, How does it handle the equalizer? I have the mini versions of flare and icon and not supported by the app, so use the 3rd party equalizer on iOS.

1 Like

Great review @apsavarese! I use my soundcore flares in stereo mode around my pool all the time! Great fun

The logo is on the front with a driver on each side of the speaker.

Thanks for the review! Love the gif it looks so cool. :smile:

Ya know, I can’t remember off the top of my head how well it worked. I’ll test that out tomorrow and get back to you!

I’ve been wanting to buy a second one!

Good review @apsavarese :slight_smile: The gif is a super cool touch :+1:

Testing the equalizer right now, and the speaker responds beautifully!

I just ordered one, one question, does the speaker update? Saw someone say that they could not get the speaker to update. Thanks!

You can update the speaker through the soundcore app

4 Likes

I know, just saw someone say it wouldn’t work.

I’m fairly certain I was prompted to update the firmware on the speaker when I first booted it up.

I own the soundcore flare and it’s always worked for me to update it.

Great review and photos as always Amanda! :ok_hand:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like