Powerport Qi 10 wireless vs Powerport 5 Wireless

Hey everyone, I’m new here and wanted to get some advice on The PP Qi 10 and PP5.

I purchased a 10 from amazon and have been happy so far, but with the 5 being newer, is there anything I’m really missing out on?

I have an iPhone 8 Plus, so I understand I’m not going to get more than 5w (unless I’m wrong) when charging.

aesthetics and materials aside, what are the big differences for an iPhone user? I’m only asking because I don’t really see any at all.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The one clear difference is the positioning. With the 10 your phone is laying flat meaning you need to lean over it to use it while charging whereas with the 5 your phone is stood up, easier to see and use without having to take it off the charger.

I would definitely get one if I had a need for wireless charging. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Hi @jepha, thank you for asking.

The PowerPort 10 A2513 wireless charger can fast wireless charge Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Note 7, S7/S7edge, and S6 edge+ at 10W when using a Quick Charge 3.0 wall charger, and it will charge other Qi-enabled devices at 5W. After the release of the new iPhone, we have released two new wireless charger models(PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad and PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand), there two new models will charge the new iPhone at 5W as well, but will charge faster than other 5W wireless chargers and have better compatibility with the new iPhone.

Hope this answers your question and Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Thanks for the super quick replies, all!!

This is all great info, and I guess the only other thing I can do I just buy multiple chargers! :grin:

The 10 is my first Anker product and I am extremely happy with it, and immediately looked to see what I could buy next!

The new iOS update unlocked 7.5 watt charging. Charging speeds will be almost almost identical thou as the new pad charges 10% faster than other 5w. The new pad stays much cooler than others I have used and should prolong the battery life as heat and fast charging with eventually degrade the battery.

1 Like

So apples effectively charger slower at 5w vs androids at 10w? It sounds kind of funny given the phone just came out.

So do you recommend exchanging the 10 for the 5? Will I see a performance increase at all since there is better compatibility?

I would stick with the 10watt. I would assume it would charge at the full 7.5 watts with the 10watt pad.

1 Like