Power User Program Changes, Like or Dislike?

Yes I know and I see the same deal, the reason I am asking is because I have had a problem in the past where the system jammed on me and for a couple months wasn’t showing me deals that were actually there. I just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the case this time. Thanks

3 Likes

Don’t get mad at me again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but search can be your friend.

4 Likes

Right so I knew about that, but I saw the date and figured maybe something had changed between now and then. Again it’s only because I missed out on months of deals before due to a glitch

1 Like

“Our new Power User program system will send samples by invitation emails and only the receivers can view and claim available samples”
They would have updated everyone if it had changed just as they have in the past. I know it sucks because a lot of people got stuck in between the change to the new system

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s actually a way better system, this way we don’t have to go to that page which oddly always a new tab, for me.

1 Like

The power user program has changed.
A little MORE search would always be helpful, as Rob has already said.

2 Likes

I am still waiting for PU approval. I know there is some delay in the program due to updates and all. Wondering is it US only program or open to other countries?

1 Like

I too signed up for the PU program and sent an email to Anker to get an update but nothing! No reply and the PU page says “Your Application is Under Review”. That has been a couple of months now… :cry:

1 Like

Be happy you had something recently, I think the last PU item, that’s not a discount, was around August last year for UK.

Plus like a few, apart from our reward for our annual input, wasn’t lucky on any giveaways (under any of the umbrella names!) while some enjoyed multiple “wins”… As the usual names, then I wasn’t surprised, same with post Crimbo

It’s a good job Rosa told us pu was changing to beta in October last year! Obvs they’re going to the usual… Random my arse!

1 Like

As I mentioned in my post above the power user page is pretty much just for coupon discount codes and the individuals who are chosen to test and review items are sent an email to see if they are willing to test stuff. Same goes for the beta test items in that they randomly choose people… You can claim favoritism or whatever you want if you see the same people testing stuff, but part of it is as @ndalby Neil mentioned that it’s all about how you review stuff and your online presence and ability to spread those reviews.

2 Likes

Region and availability also come into the mix for certain items, beta or otherwise…my only one (so far) was around 18 months ago direct from China…some I’m out on the beta favoritism :grin:

1 Like

Yea I forgot about region also being a big factor…but I must say the two beta test I had done, both items came direct from China so I don’t see that really being an issue if thats the case for everyone. My last beta was the liberty air and before that was the flare…but I had literally won a flare before I was offered to test that so not really sure what the point of it was other than to maybe test the pairing feature out? I dunno. I hope to be able to test other items in the future and I hope others also get the chance to do the same

1 Like

Surely the idea of beta testing a product is to TEST IT.

Does it do, what it says it does?
Yes/No… Why?

Was there a problem in the instructions/manual

Is it waterproof etc etc etc

Not sure how beta test needs a mega audience, isn’t the point to TEST it?

You surely don’t want people writing huge reviews on a potentially “wonky” product‽

1 Like

To be honest I don’t check it as often as I used to.

Based on the fact that beta testers are contacted via email. Before I would’ve refreshed it 3-4 times a day but now I check it every 2-3 days just incase there’s a discount code that I could use.

2 Likes

Poweruser page has been very quiet for some months now. Even beta testing opportunities are not that often. Last year I was offered 3 beta testing product almost at the same time. If I am interested in something from Anker, I usually just ask support for it. Sometimes they are accommodating :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I had done in the past aswell, I was inquiring about a speaker and told them I wouldn’t mind helping test any that came out and I was asked a week later to test one. But that was early last year, the only other I had was the liberty air

1 Like

I had completely forgot that the program was changing to email format. I actually like that more! They already have discounts constantly so I’d rather test something new then get a code for a few $ off a product

Been saying the same thing for a few months now, they need to remove the “PowerUser” option from the web site, it no longer really serves a purpose.

They don’t need to remove it because it still has a purpose, whether or not it applies to you it still has it’s purpose.

What they could do is make a banner on the power user page stating “Our new Power User program system will send samples by invitation emails and only the receivers can view and claim available samples” all items posted here will be discounts available to power user members

@AnkerOfficial any chance you can have the web developer do this? As it would avoid much confusion among users going forward.

1 Like

@elmo41683 @AnkerOfficial

I agree, as since “Rosa’s” email last year, and what is actually happening, seems to be two completely different ideas.

Rosa posted, the pu page is changing to become a beta test page, when it would seem, this is not the case, and wasn’t going to be the case either.

Maybe change the page to PU discounts page, or as Rob said, out a disclaimer or something. It in its current situation is causing confusion and frustration amongst the users… Not just me.

Also would be nice if each “zone” had a seconds page, not just USA. I’m sure each zone returns stuff, or is it all returned to USA and therefore there are no seconds in each zone?