Obituary for a Cable :(

My favorite cable died today :cry:. It was a 6ft Anker nylon braided micro cable bought as part of a pair only ten months ago.

I carried this cable all across the continent and charged my phone countless times. It spent most of it’s time with it’s best friend, an anker micro to usb-c adapter, and two other friends, a green velcro wrap and my moto turbo charger adapter. It liked charging my anker soundbuds curve, SoundCore Boost, and my Moto z2 force edition.
RIP Cable, you will be missed.

2 Likes

Those have an 18-month warranty, so you should definitely contact @AnkerSupport at support@anker.com.

2 Likes

Anker has an excellent warranty program, contact customer service.

1 Like

So how did it die? Did the end get bent like most do, did it just stop charging… We need details please :relieved:

2 Likes

The important question is… will it be buried or cremated?! :thinking::wink:

1 Like

It charges, then stops, then charges, then stops…It will charge for a little longer if I hold it in at a certain angle, but…

I am going to contact warranty and get a replacement. To be fair, I used the heck out of this cable. It was THE cable I used for everything.

1 Like

I am actually going to have it taxidermied. :grin:

2 Likes

f f f f f f f f f f f f f f, RIP cable

Had a moment to do some metering to prove my observations. Start with the moto z2 force plugged into factory AC adapter through Powercube with usb micro to C adapter between cable and phone:

This is me not holding it in, pulling no power at all:

This is me holding it in, pulling quick charge at around 15w:

Same setup except new anker powerline micro instead of old cable and I’m NOT holding it in:

Now soundbuds curve on same setup without usb-micro to usb-c adapter (soundbuds take micro in), pulling no power:

Same setup, holding the cord in:

Same setup again, except new cable, not holding it in:

I feel like this series of tests shows there’s a problem with the red cable. Sad.

1 Like

Yeah looks like the end got bent a little, that’s generally what causes the problem where it won’t work unless the cable is held a certain way. Definitely reach out to support for a replacement

2 Likes

:sob::cry::scream: RIP

1 Like

Agree with @elmo41683. The red cable end that goes inside the phone is bent or broken. Same has happened to me with samsung usb c cable that came with my galaxy s9+. Mine was visibly bent though. Anker support can replace it.

1 Like

Contact anker support - they are second to none and will sort you out.

We should all say a prayer :pray:t2: R.I.P

1 Like

Anker just confirmed they are sending a replacement. Yet another example of top notch customer service and standing by their products.

Thanks everyone for your support during this difficult period. It will take time, but the wounds will heal. It’s important to remember the good times. Though it was cut tragically short, this cable lived a good life. For that, I am thankful.

1 Like

Anker sent my new cable - it’s a powerline plus (so an upgrade over the old one) and came with a new carrying pouch. Thanks @ankerofficial ! In my time of mourning, it’s nice to know you are there for me!

3 Likes

Good that your “period of mourning” did not last as long! :grin:
What I nice present for Christmas.

You see : “You never stand alone!”

2 Likes

Like a phoenix it rose from the ashes stronger and more powerful.

2 Likes