New Release (Updated product) - Anker PowerCore 10000 Redux

Hmm, I’ll see about getting one and see what I can do. Buy no promises

Hopefully we see these make an appearance on an upcoming power draw or the power user page.

I need one of these. I lost one my mid size powerbanks a few months ago and miss it. Trickle charge would be nice. I have a lot of small devices that could benefit from this powerbank.

So the speculation is that they’re not really LG? @nigelhealy

It make more sense either Panasonic or Samsung 20700 or 21700. That matches the dimensions and the photo. It could be Tesla but given Anker’s Chinese home I doubt it. No evidence for LG I can find.

Buy one and crack it open!

But for me the bigger consequence is if 20700 or 21700 is now acceptable to Anker, the ripple through the product line would lead to in general more capacity, which most people would like. This product for example is a smaller version of the 10000 or a bigger version of the II 6700.

Electric vehicles are driving up Lithium demand so I expect an upward cost pressure. That is until we get to an asteroid mining civilization.

Trickle charge feature would make this appealing for me when travelling as some of my accessories have a small power pull and (with all my travel sized power banks) I need to charge my phone at same time to get it to work.

@AnkerOfficial will this be coming to UK market?

My next laptop would be USB-PD almost certainly, my phone, small tablet, large tablet are all USB-C

So what I want to see is an all USB-C set of products from Anker, so a USB-PD charger (in the works) USB-PD Powercore (existing but need to come down in cost), USB-C buds and headphones. Then I can carry just say two cables of different lengths and that’s the end of this silly MicroB phase.

I wonder if the 20700 will fit in the original LC40? The 18650 does wrattle inside… I think the 20mm diameter is not the problem but the extra 5mm length risks breaking the battery or the screw cap.

1 Like

If LG and 5000mah it must be the M50

In the video you can see the 26650 vs the 21700 and so you can probably figure how the Fusion 10000 will be made.

That infers probably the LC40 LC90 LC130 would eventually get a refresh.

2 Likes

Wonderful to see the trickle charge, it’s a shame that you need to pick either to have trickle charge or Qualcomm Quick Charge but at least it has PowerIQ.

Plus of course USB C would always be welcome, just a slight update for this little power house.

Updated with Amazon UK link.

1 Like

I cant understand if the power bank is rubberized or not?

It’s not rubberized, it just has a textured design on it to aide in grip

1 Like

thanks for clarifying

20700 fits in the barrel of original LC40 but doesn’t complete the connection due to narrow part near the positive spring inside. It doesn’t work :frowning:

Stretch the spring or add some solder to the top of the battery it might work

No it won’t work because you cannot close the back.

Oh, now I get it. that sucks

Love the new material look on these

USA discount currently.

1 Like

Besides size what is the difference between the PowerCore Redux and this PowerCore 10000 https://amzn.to/2EmAx0e