[New Release] SmartCharge Spectrum Lite

Roav shows its continued investment in the car charging market with a second iteration of Spectrum… Take a look!

Key Features

• Charge Faster: Quick Charge 3.0 and PowerIQ technologies intelligently provide simultaneous, high-speed charging to driver and passenger. (Does not support Adaptive Fast Charging for Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+.)
  • Comprehensive Compatibility: Enjoy maximum charging speed to almost any phone, tablet, or USB device.
  • Small Dimensions: The compact design packs in two charging ports, while remaining unobtrusive and taking up minimal space.
  • Custom Lighting: Instantly adjust the tone and hue of the 16000 color LED ring via the Roav Charger app to match your car’s lighting.
  • What’s in the Box: Roav SmartCharge Spectrum Lite, Happy Card, Welcome Guide, 12-month worry-free warranty, and our friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Roav’s SmartCharge Spectrum Lite is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $18.99, and should begin shipping immediately. For reference, the current Spectrum retails for $19.99.

Keep in mind that we’re also expecting SmartCharge Halo to pop up any day now.

What are your thoughts on Spectrum Lite? Have you been awaiting a refined version of Spectrum? Let us know what you’re thinking down below!

4 Likes

Compared to the current model, Roav SmartCharge Spectrum lite removed the functions of car locator and car battery monitor.

4 Likes

I have no need for this since Im switching to the wireless charger, I also already have 6 different Anker car chargers and each works equally well…with the exception of how fast it charges devices.

1 Like

I don’t really understand some products, but thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial I’m glad you removed the car locator for this lite version as when I used it on the original SmartCharge version it was a disaster!

It logged my location and told me that I was 100 feet away from my car even though I was right next to it. The feature never worked properly for me and glad to see it scrapped in this version.

1 Like

That feature had more to do with your location setting in your phone than the product itself as it relied in the GPS in your phone. I personally didnt experience any issues with location as I had mine set to the highest level you could and it placed me literally next to my car.
At any rate it’s still nice they removed it entirely. I never bothered to use it anyway after the Initial use and test

2 Likes

I mostly use it for the charging and Bluetooth connectivity to my CD player so I don’t have to have a load of lightning cables dangling about in there just the one to charge my phone.

1 Like

So will the price be lower then?

I have the same issue with my SmartCharge F2 which I did a review on awhile ago. It definitely needed some work. It was a nice feature to have but with it not being accurate, it was kind of useless.

2 Likes

Not always precise when high rise buildings are around or when in a parking garage but I hope this helps. Depending on the vehicle the GPS signal can also be blocked or obstructed.

4 Likes

I’ve been in open car parks with no obstructions or anything to block the signal and it fails to work properly for me. It always came across as a gimmick rather than a useful feature.

2 Likes

UPDATE

https://amazon.com/dp/B07GV7B13Z

Why? I use the Roav SmartCharge Spectrum and LOVE it, especially for the Car Locator and Battery Monitor.

Because of the battery monitor, my 2017 car is being serviced after my car wouldn’t start and I showed them my screen capture of your app.

I’d love to see a USB-C version of the Spectrum.

4 Likes