[New Release] Anker 2-in-1 USB-C Memory Card Reader

Anker’s latest product offering is an SD and Micro SD card reader with a USB-C connection.

Below are some highlights of the product from the Amazon listing.

• Universal Compatibility: Works with all your USB-C devices.
  • Better Than One: One standard and one microSD slot let you easily sync, swap, and share files.
  • USB-C On the Go: Use with your smartphone, wherever you are.
  • Super Speed: Transfer an entire album of photos and video in seconds, with speeds of over 5 Gbps.
  • What You Get: USB-C 2-in-1 Card Reader, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

And now for a few things that caught my eye:

1. UHS-II cards are NOT supported.
  2. USB 3.0 (nothing fancy like 3.1 Gen 2)
  3. Price is $12.99. USB-A version is regularly $3 cheaper and currently on sale for $7.99 with code ANKERA76. More deals from the summer kit sale here.

You can already order Anker’s USB-C card reader on Amazon, though it may take a little longer than usual to arrive.

What do you think about this product? Do you use SD cards on a regular basis? Let us all know by sharing your opinions and experiences down below!

4 Likes

I have a Note 8 and 32Gb is plenty for me since I frequently transfer my media files to my laptop. This would not be use for my Note 8, but a Lightning version would be good for my iPhone 6+ 16gb

2 Likes

It’s nice to see a USB-C version. Unfortunately, I’m not quite there yet with adopting it. As for using a card reader, I have a SD card reader built into my iMac and love it.

1 Like

I like that I can use it with my phone, transfer files back and forth is great. In can store higher quality movies on a hdx sd card and plug it into this to my phone and watch movies without it taking space on my phone

1 Like

It looks pretty, too! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I really like the looks of this little guy it would be useful in transferring my video files from a action camera to my phone faster than wifi. I’m going to pick up one or two of these to toss in my bags.

1 Like

Very nice and USB-C, would be handy for transferring data with my mobile :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t have a use yet, but its good to see this type of connection available for card readers and other high speed devices.

1 Like

For $8, not bad, but lack of UHS-II and a Compact Flash port kills it for me as I use these along with my DSLR on trips so that I can do any editing with my phone.

For $16 I got a Transcend reader that uses USB-C, has CF, SD, Micro SD, is USB 3.1, and supports UHS-II. Anker needs to catch up in this department.

1 Like

I’d like UHS-II and USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 support. I’ve built a new machine and Gen 2 products is all I’m looking for to take advantage of the transfer speeds.

I’d also like to see powered hubs for desktops that have both USB-C Gen2 and USB-A data ports as well as USB-C PD charging ports

2 Likes

Like this?

1 Like

@joshuad11
Any word on when they will release that hub?

Haven’t heard of anything yet, though I’d like to think we’d see all of the products shown off in January launch this year.

1 Like

I’d like more info (front and back photos, specs). And please make them in Black. I don’t like any tech in White. We’re not all iPhone users.

That’s what the Amazon link is for…