New iPhones to stick with Lightning over USB-C, claims report

Exactly Tiago.
Comparing photos I do with the CANON (Makro lens) to ones I take with my tablet : there is really a great difference.
But who uses such real cameras in our days?
Carrying those around, with a huge pile of different lenses.

If so, where should we store our power banks, chargers, torches and speakers from the company? :joy:

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s settled folks

1 Like

Itā€™s always about money with Apple

1 Like

Apple seems to refuse to fully integrate with society. Most likely they will wait until their next ā€œgreat cable advancementā€ to change their current peripherals. The Macbook pro had mag-lock, mag-loc 2 and finally usb-c because they threw in the towel. Their preference is to control all aspects, which is both good and bad really.

NOOOOOOOO!!! WTH man! I wanted to completely go with USB-C. Now hearing this it kinda forces me to buy more lightning cables! I was waiting to upgrade my iPhone 7 but guess that doesnā€™t matter now

1 Like

You can always upgrade to Android :wink::upside_down_face::joy:

2 Likes

Naw brother! I have a Samsung for work and even with all the bells and whistles I still prefer Apple. Love the wireless charging on the Samsung though!

You can have wireless charging on newer iphones tooā€¦

1 Like

Not that I want to open this box of worms again but can you please provide me with some insight as to why you prefer Apple?

I know the UI is simpler I just want to understand Apple peopleā€™s point of view.

Great iOS versus Android article

Yes sir, first off I have a bachelors degree in IT security, so with that in mind just the openess of the OS is just crazy. I can see this being a strong point for some people but for me this introduces so many viruses, malware, etcā€¦ Movie pirates can simply download stuff from the Google store to ā€œpirateā€ just about any new movie, software, or program. To me it just feels too open. I used to pirate a bunch of stuff in my younger days but Iā€™ve given up my pirating ways. Also you can use certain programs on Andriod to hack into other phones or computers. Andriod is a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

Now Apple is more closed in and locked down. Canā€™t really download stuff to your phone without jailbreaking it or legitimately download from Apple store. To me the OS just feels solid, no worries from downloading viruses etcā€¦

This is just my take on it!

3 Likes

Having a more lockdown OS has its advantages but I prefer the customization and openness of Android OS.

Iā€™ll have to get back to you on this one to give you well-thought-out opinion. Hang tight.

If anybody else cares to weigh in I would love to hear why some people prefer Apple.

Other than Apple being Apple and milking you for money, makes no sense to me why they would continue with lightning porta especially since the new iPads haves USB-C

Iā€™ve noticed you rep Android so Iā€™m looking forward to reading your opinion on your preference :+1:

1 Like

I like the way you put it in words that having a secured OS way better than little freedom of customization. I have been a Iphone user for last 10 years and didnā€™t feel that I lost any of that userfriendly-ness, customization etc., May be you will know if you also use an Android device, but itā€™s simply personal choice at the end.

Interestingly enough, although I believe the iOS is more stable and tends to work faster (I attribute this to so few models that need integrated, meaning coding is much easier) I am seeing an increase in the stability and function of Android. They have in recent years made it harder to root and do you own thing, which has led to a more stable operating system which is a benefit.

Hardware wise, Apple is always a year behind imo. The specs of my 3 year old LG G4 was the close to what the i7 and i8 were putting out. Not that this is a bad thing, but when I can spend $550 for an expandable android with top line specs, or $1k for an iphone with last years performance hardware and no memory expansion I will stick to a better physical design than software.

Now if we could get a groundbreaking device in both hardware (android) and a super stable OS (iOS), then I would run out and spend >$1k tomorrow.

1 Like

Part of it for me is iTunes. I started using it when I bought my first iPod 15 years ago. All of my music is organized in iTunes and itā€™s easier to keep up with it there instead of importing everything in to Googleā€™s music player. I donā€™t using music streaming services, so I use iTunes to sync specific playlists to my phone. I also use iTunes to back-up my phone and run the iOS updates (instead of doing it all over wifi). Iā€™ve heard rumors that Apple wants to ditch iTunes and will eventually make their phones completely wireless by completely ditching the Lightning port, then Iā€™d rethink which device I use. As long as I can keep plugging my phone in to my computer to update, restore, and/or sync my music, then Iā€™ll stick with iPhones.

Plus Iā€™ve invested too much in to all of these Lightning cables and I need to get my moneyā€™s worth out of them.

1 Like

That is the problem I have with Apple.

When Using LINUX, how about itunes?

There is a possibility to connect an IPOD to a Linux system,
I could manage to get into the IPOD and use Itunes.
But its not working I was expecting.
So I gave up.

When using ANDROID: Plug and Play, no Pray. :grin:

1 Like

Ok. Iā€™ve never used LINUX, so thatā€™s completely irrelevant to the fact that I was simply giving one reason why I like and use Apple phones. The world be a terribly boring place if we all liked the same things.

Of course It would be boring only using one OS. :grin:

Using different systems makes the whole thing a little more exciting.

What I really like with LINUX you can use and get elder hardware to work.
Otherwise you would have to throw it away.

Iā€™m a huge Apple fan (most people here know) but I actually agree with you. If it wasnā€™t for the fact that I prefer the iPhone camera (by a lot) I would switch to Samsung. The camera is really important to meā€¦