New FCC - SoundCore Rave

It may be more an item for “wandering singers”…

Mac is right : Karakoe!

If it is IPX7:

“I’m singing in the rain” :joy:

1 Like

This looks interesting. Definitely it looks like a nice speaker to fill up a large room with a boom, especially with 160 watt speakers (if that is true). Also, with a 160 watt speaker and 20000 mah, I wonder how heavy and portable this device is?

Another thing I have noticed is the speed at which anker/soundcore are coming out with products. I mean they just came out with flare/flare + ( not even a year old) and then they came out with model zero/zero+ , similar thing for wireless chargers ( seen so many aleeady), headphones (space nc, life nc ), earbuds (7-8 kinds)… i am all for bringing new products/tech to the market but I just feel anker is doing it too quickly. What do you guys think.

4 Likes

I think they forget we have power user to test these products before they hit the shelves!

Mind, my PU page cleared over Christmas, and now I have a code to collect (should I suddenly have the money… Does it have radio feautre?). However, the brief description seems to be in German?

2 Likes

Not saying I’m one of them, but who’s to say they haven’t reached out and selected people to test these already? They have done it in the past for other items so I can see them doing the same now. But I imagine in the new year they will do things differently for power users and testing

In some respects, absolutely. In other respects, the opposite is true. I agree that they offer far too many versions of an overall similar product, which can be very confusing and frustrating for consumers. At the same time, though, we still don’t have any USB-C audio products and they do not have many portable chargers with PD. Sometimes I think they have very strange priorities.

4 Likes

@joshuad11 you are absolutely right… they have far too many versions of products they got right compared to completely new products (especially when competitors have already launched them). No doubt Anker has done a great at the quality of the items they have launched so far.

I am sure anker would have beta tested these or are already beta testing.

Also, giving out discounted products for testing might be the way forward (hence PU page has codes) as this will only invite people who are keen to test/ have knowledge to test a particular item. If for whatever reason a user doesnt want the item on PU page (if any) then wait for the one that you can really test or have a need for at the discounted price

With that being said, I wonder what would be the price of this soundcore rave speaker… :wink:

4 Likes

With the size and connections, it could also be used a portable mini PA system for on the road presentations…

4 Likes

It’s certainly possible they have…been while at my end for a ‘beta’ test…have they improved the feedback forms, seemed very limited and generic on the feedback wanted on my last tester opportunity about 15 months ago (or so)…

Sorry to open this one back up after a couple of weeks, but rather than opening a new thread and being ‘accused’ of just opening a thread for points :sunglasses:

https://www.soundcore.com/products/579/622/rave-series

Not a huge amount more info, but looks like a Flare on steroids with 160W!!!

3 Likes

Specs will be along shortly but The Verge has given a quick overview here;

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem with continuing a discussion in an already open & relevant thread.

2 Likes

That’s why I did, not start a new thread… I’ve seen a few newish members starting new threads that got closed down recently as they were clearly just opened for points.

1 Like

It’s been awhile since I signed up so I’m not sure if they’re doing this already but it would be nice if Anker directed people to the community rules when they first sign up and log on.

3 Likes

I know I often think the same but then I think its just putting up barriers to new members. I thought of they can’t post a new thread til a given level, or can’t post til a certain amount of reads/visits but they both block a type of perfectly acceptable behaviour.

Best would be if the software running the forum was smarter “this looks like this existing thread” so it helps rather than my low-tech potentially harming ideas.

2 Likes

@Jesse_Hernandez1 you have a valid point and that is why I mentioned the link in my other post in the new year new friends thread

Hoping new members will read it.
I think whenever the new member creates the first thread or first reply, at that time before submitting the system should automatically ask them to confirm they read the rules.

5 Likes

and video at this spot:

1 Like

I think they were looking into something like this…like when doing several responses in a thread, it prompt advice to respond to multiple users within a single message…

Think we all need to meet up in a pub, few social drinks with this in the background. Starts of as background music then after the alcohol has kicked in we test out if it matches up to the name :yum:

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. Not sure how that could be achieved, the whole website would have to be indexed and automatically searched with search suggestions similar to Google. Maybe someone knows of a plug-in that we could use in the interim with Google chrome or another browser.

Not my smart idea, I am in other forums, different software, they do it. XDA for example.

1 Like